🔳Black and White Barista🔲

You were polishing one of the Martini glasses with a clean white towel. You were humming some sort of jazzy bluesy Tune. You tapped your foot with the song running in your head without flaw. Maybe once or twice you muttered out a lyric. You were in your own little world until you noticed someone was taking a seat at the bar. With a warm, welcoming smile, you greeted them.

"Hello, what would you like to drink?"

You flinched when you realized it wasn't a customer. It was none other than your manager, King Dice, with his fist under his chin and leaning over towards you. He had the smug smile on his face you remembered since day one.

"Nothin doll, just waitin for you to realize the casino has been closed for the nigh for about a half hour."

The casino has been closed for thirty minutes? It must be two thirty in the morning then. Casino opens at five in the evening and closes at two in the morning. You enjoyed your job. Bartending as the barista was the best thing to happen to you. In fact, gambling your soul away was kind of the best thing to happen to you. You've never been happier.

"A half hour? I must've been really dazed out this time Boss. I'm sorry."

You placed the cup down on the counter rim down so it can air dry. It was with all the rest of its kind. You smiled at the organization. Last time you were out sick, the Tipsey Troop were on Bar duty. You've taken weeks trying to replace all the broken cups and wasted achohol they drank! you liked things nice and tidy.

King Dice chuckled to himself as he watched you spend an extra three minutes organizing your space, going back into your own little world again. You we're spaced out almost 50% percent of the time. Zoned in your work or zoned in your imagination. Even though your attention span was short, you had to be one of his favorite employees.

King Dice had to clear his throat again to snap you out of your organization wonderland. You flinched and looked back over at him. Oh, right. You giggled awkwardly and took the towel off your arm, folding it, and putting it back in its place where you can wear it with pride tomorrow.

"There, all done Boss! Is there anything you want me to do before we lock the casino up?"

King Dice pretended to think before shaking his die head. You seemed to deflate a little, like always. He noticed one thing about you that was different than most. You needed to feel useful to be happy. If you have nothing to do or no customers to tend to, he notices that you get kind of down. You also crave company more than the average person. 

"Now, Doll, are you ready to head home?"

King Dice had to either walk you home himself or risk you getting yourself lost or spacing out. You were an easy woman to take advantage of, and he would hate to see some of the scum of the Isles take advantage of innocent little you. His button of a Barista. He'd rather walk you home.

"Yes please!"

King Dice held out his arm and you took it. The first time he took you home he taught you why he did this. He said it was being proper and being a proper escort. It was a gentleman thing. It was a nice thing. You liked the gentleman things he does. Like walk you home for example!

With a smile, the two of you walked out of the casino, locked up, and headed for home. Dropping you off first of course.