Who rules the world

(RPOV)

"I told you to stay the hell away from him! Isn't that what I said? Repeatedly, I have told you to stay away from him. He told you that he doesn't love you anymore. Why are you being such a stubborn bitch about this? Just stay away from Dimitri!!"

"You know what Princess Dragomir, you are right. So just to make things easier on you and Guardian Belikov."

I reached for the chotki that she had given me. I ripped it from my wrist and threw it at her feet, beads flying everywhere.

"You can have that worthless piece of shit back, because I resign as your guardian princess. I would not protect you again, no matter what it would cost me. I would rather stand back, with a bowl of popcorn and a can of Mt. Dew, and watch the strigoi drain our ass dry. Than to ever risk my life or health protecting your weak, pathetic, lazy and sorry ass ever again. You want me out from between you and Guardian Belikov, I am so glad that I could grant you your greatest wish. Maybe Tasha will share him with you. That is what all the trying to keep us apart is really about anyway, right? So the two of you have fun fighting over him because I am fucking done with you, I am done with her and I am sooo past fucking done with him. Hell I am done with the entire fucking moroi world. As far as I am concerned you can all fuck off and drop dead. I hope you enjoy the darkness princess because I sure as hell won't be taking that either, unless I need it of course. So have fun with it for however long that you can stay out of the looney bin that is."

With those words I turned to walk away only to find Christian, Eddie, Adrian, Mikhail, Ben, Spiridon, Abe, Mia, Queen Tatiana, Alberta and my mother standing behind me. A thought accrued to me suddenly.

With a smug smirk on my face, I turned back to look at the person who used to be my best friend.

"Oh, and don't forget that Victor Dashkov is still on the loose. You better hope to hell that he doesn't come after you again. Because no one will ever know it, because I sure as hell won't tell them. Maybe you should shadow kiss Belikov. I am sure that you think that he would be a better guardian for you anyway. But if you did that, it would just drive you crazy sooner. So have fun with what little time you have left in the free world bitch."

As I turned to walk away Tatiana walked over to Lissa and slapped the shit out of her. "How dare you speak to and treat my Goddaughter like that. Just who do you think you are?"

Lissa held a hand to her cheek, "I, am Princess Vasilissa Sabina Rhea Dragomir. I am the last Dragomir, I am the future queen, I can do and say whatever I please to whomever I please."

"You are not the last Dragomir actually." My apparent godmother said to Lissa. "You have a younger sister for your information."

Tatiana walked over to me and put her arm around my shoulders. "Rose, we were just coming to let you know, that I am retiring and that you are my heir and successor. Mikhail, Spiridon, Ben, Eddie and Alberta will be your guardians until your coronation. After your coronation you will have an entire fleet of guardians. If you wish, you can choose all of them or just some of them, that is all up to you."

Lissa just stood there open mouthed and staring at us. "She can't be queen, she is a dhampir!!!!"

A furious Queen Tatiana turned back and looked at Lissa. "Nowhere in our laws does it state that royalty must be moroi, nowhere!! Rose has been my heir since the day that she was born and I was made her godmother. I don't know where you got the idea that you were the future queen. But you are very sadly mistaken, about a great many things apparently, that just being one of them."

She turned back to me and said, "come on Rose you need to be fitted for your coronation gown and get moved into the palace."

We walked away from the astonished Princess Vasilissa Dragomir.