PROLOGUE

PRIDE’S CHILDREN

A novel of obsession, betrayal, and love

by

Alicia Butcher Ehrhardt

~ ~ ~

Warning

 The following work is fiction. All standard disclaimers apply.

 Names have not been changed to protect the innocent: there ARE no innocents.

~ ~ ~

PROLOGUE

DEPT. OF CELEBRITIES

MIXED-UP MARRIAGE?

 Schadenfreude when they get their knickers in a twist—publicly?

 BY D. L. HUNTER

 The world was shocked, nay, stunned, by the recent revelation that, even as his pregnant fiancée, America’s Sweetheart Bianca Doyle, lay recumbent in a hospital bed at the California Regional Women’s Hospital in Burbank, on complete bed-rest to forestall the premature birth of his twin daughters, Irish Megastar Andrew O’Connell, seen last March dedicating his winning statuette at the Academy Awards to Ms. Doyle, was secretly married to best-selling author K. Beth Winter, many years his senior.

 The happy couple met in February 2005 here in New York on the set of…

 The New Yorker, October 23, 2006

----------------

Author's note:

I plan to put up a new scene by Tuesdays and Fridays. I have posted the first three to start.

Please remember your reaction to the Prologue - there will be a poll at the very end of Book 1, and readers will help me decide whether to keep it, modify it, or delete it in the published version. Thanks!

Alicia

 ******
A quick Wattpad way to make Pride’s Children more widely known, IF you like this part, is to please VOTE. Comments adored, too.

If you DON’T like something, I’d love to hear from you what and why, either in a comment or a PM.