Protection

Working at Jurassic World was a very interesting occurrence, and when offered a job to be a trainer and caretaker in the Gentle Giants Petting Zoo attraction, Jasmine Murphy immediately accepted. Once on Isla Nublar, she was housed in a well-sized apartment and was told that the omnivores she was to be in charge of would have free range of her apartment in order for them to get familiar with humans and their scents.

Jasmine held the three eggs as they hatched, and was the only one in the room when the three Gallimimus stumbled onto the floor. They were the size of small dogs, their long necks and small, toothless heads making them seem fairly tall, as when Jasmine stood, the little theropods nearly reached her knees. They had very long fingers and long arms, which, once they were about a week old, they would use for digging or grabbing eggs, and when Jasmine had asked why she was housing three instead of one, she was told it was because the Gallimimus is a flock animal.

Taking this into account, Jasmine came up with a plan to get the small creatures the exercise they needed, while bonding with them, before clearing them for entrance into the Gentle Giants Petting Zoo. And so, looping a simple lead around their necks, Jasmine walked them outside, to a controlled area, and let them loose to run around until their energy wore down.

It took a little while, and after a few minor scratches from the little ones' claws, -which she made a mental note to file down later- Jasmine was holding a metal bucket full of different treats for the Gallimimus, including some small frozen mice, a handful of insects, and a few quail eggs. Standing in front of three tired, panting theropods, she reached into the bucket and began handing out their rewards for behaving well while playing around with each other for the past hour.

As she was handing Phoenix, one of the Gallimimus with the brighter orange and red markings, a quail egg, a voice called out to her from behind the fencing.

"I remember when I could hand-feed the raptors. They were always so teethy," Velociraptor trainer and researcher, Owen Grady, remarked.

Chuckling, Jasmine allowed the animal to reach up and take the egg, with soft scolding to be gentle, before tossing a few grasshoppers out of the bucket onto the ground to keep them occupied for a moment while she turned around.

"I suppose that's the good thing about the Gallimimus, then; They don't have any teeth," she retorted, a small smirk playing at her lips.

"No teeth? Well then, what good are they?" Owen teased, a smile playing at his lips as Jasmine walked over to the fence that separated them.

"Well, Mr. Grady, not to burst your carnivore bubble, but not all dinosaurs are required to have sharp, pointy teeth."

"Yeah, just sharp pointy claws, it seems," Grady joked, motioning to her scratched arms and legs.

"Ah, yeah. I meant to trim them the other night, but living with these little guys, the time just flies by sometimes."

The two continued to make small talk until the Gallimimus made their way over and squawked, one of the girls, Buck Beak -known for her lighter colored body and darker colored muzzle,- wrapping her long arms around her leg while the last girl, Atilla the Hen -known as Tilly for short- walked up to the fence and began squawking at Owen. Looking down at the little Gallimimus, Owen chuckled, noticing how attached they had become to Jasmine. That was what the park wanted, after all.

"Well, it's been nice talking to you, but I have to get these guys back to the apartment, otherwise I'll be carrying them. And that is not a fun time," Jasmine said, grabbing the leads she had brought them there with to secure them back around their necks and bring them home.