🕊

An earth bound soul yearning for the bird flying through the empty sky. The bird and the soul had encountered each other once, and they shared an interest in one another. They spent days in a field together, breezing through the winds and sharing stories of their journeys. In time, the soul grew to feel more. However, as the days passes, the bird's interest faded little by little. She was free spirited and never stayed in a place for too long. The bird has to go and spread her wings, but she made a promise, a promise when her feelings were but a small spark, to fly back down one day.

And so the soul would wait, underneath a barren tree that doesn't bear fruit. Watching the soaring of a bird that unbeknownst to him, could never be in his grasp. The bird flew through the passing clouds and try as she might, she couldn't get her wings to bring her down. She was tethered to the sky by strings unseen and although she tried, she didn't put more effort to fly back to the waiting soul. For the sky is the bird's domain and she couldn't bring herself to leave it. Going back down would mean being tethered to the earth instead of the vast sky and she realized, she didn't want that. A bird needs the sky to fly. And being tethered to the earth would mean giving that up. Perhaps she had made an empty promise. Perhaps the soul shouldn't have fell for a bird.

What could bring her down? He wondered. Even the bird doesn't know the answer to that.