|| Prologue ||

??? POV

I felt excitement and joy when I saw the portal going to the world of freedom that I thought would bring me happiness. After a long tiring work of collecting the four 'thangs' that this weird machine just asked me to do, it was finally here before my eyes. The promised land.

My companion beside me, Cap'n Cuttlefish pointed his stick towards the entrance. "C'mon, 8! This is our stop to freedom! Home sweet home, here we come!" I gave him a smile and both of us walked towards it. Before I could even try to think of anything that could happen next, the door behind us, the one exit out shut! It didn't bother me that much since I was too filled with excitement. Then weird sounds and noises came by. I heard a buzzing sound of a radio and I turned to look at the radio that Cap'n Cuttlefish had that allows us to talk to these pretty-much-helpful people named Marina and Pearl. They were helping both of us to find our way to the promised land and I am thankful for that.

"W-wait a second! Is it just me...or does that uhh look exactly like a blender???" Marina's voice said, echoing through the radio. Then Pearl's voice came next through the radio. "Whoa whoa whoa yeah hold up! This just got seriously sketchy!"

My excitement turned to curiosity and it soon turned to...suspicion. For some reason, we weren't being teleported to that promised land the machine told us all about. I heard a noise and saw that the platform that we were standing on top of, was raising the both of us up. When the platform stopped rising I could see within the glass the subway. I gulped nervously. I have a bad feeling about this.

Then the telephone made a buzzing sound before it spoke. "Ingredient Acquisition Complete! Reforming Matter!"

I turned to Cap'n Cuttlefish."Hey! What did that thing say!?!" Cap'n asked worriedly. "You let us out of here you stupid phone!"
Just then, I heard a whirling sound from above my head. I turned to look up and I could see that the second thang that I had collected was swirling around and around.

After realizing what that stupid machine just did and is planning to do to us, Cap'n Cuttlefish started to try breaking the walls or glass of the blender. I didn't hesitate and began trying to punch the walls to no effort. I didn't care. It might probably take some time but it should probably come off, right?  "Marina, they're gonna get smoothied! DO SOMETHING!" I could hear Pearl's voice panicked from across the radio.

"I'm trying! None of my hacks are working...I can't get in! I'm going to activate the distress signal on agent 8's CQ - 80. Cross your fingers!"

Just when I thought we were about to get turned into some...goo or juice or whatever inklings or octolings turn into after going through this contraption, I thought I heard something coming from the ceiling. I stopped punching my fists on the glass and turned to look at where the sound came from. Suddenly there was a loud crash!

From the hole and crashing sound, I saw her. Her hair was green and her eyes were a pretty cyan color. And for some reason, I couldn't help but stare at her. And I have no idea how to explain what I was feeling right now at that moment. They were all very strange emotions all at the same time. I guess if I could try to think of them, most of them were confusion, curiosity, surprise, and...another one that I'm not very familiar with.

They all came the moment I saw...her. I have a feeling she was this agent 3 that Cap'n Cuttlefish was looking for. I watched her punch that stupid telephone out and just like that everything was all a blur. And I'm probably hallucinating or something but before everything went all white, I thought I caught a glimpse of her looking at me through her eyes staring at me, an octoling. And then here I was, staring at an inkling like her.

??? POV

I was using my squid phone, checking out the latest battles in a turf war. As much as I loved saving the world from those octarians, being an inkling myself, I enjoy a little turf war game every now and then. To the rest of the world, I'm a normal inkling just like the rest of them. Nothing was special about me to Inkopolis square.

But here, I was a secret agent working to help protect inklings. I was a secret superhero if I do say so myself. To my fellow agents, I am known as Agent 3. A few months ago I had just saved the Great Zapfish and Inkopolis from losing power. And I am happy to say that after that, I had gone on a great adventure with Cap'n Cuttlefish to get this stunning cape. I don't mean to brag but I really love and adore this cape. I wouldn't say it out loud though.

However, I can't seem to find Cap'n Cuttlefish anywhere. I had tried searching around in the area but however I can't find him. I'm pretty sure I've found a way out of this place. When I and Cap'n were separated I was able to get my hands on this employee model CQ - 80. I'll admit it was a bit trickier than expected.

I promised myself that both I and the Cap'n would escape out of this place together as soon as I could find him. I won't ever leave him behind and I am determined to find him. But right now, I decided to take a little break before getting back to the search. After searching a lot on my squid phone I lied down on the dark cold floor, wondering what to do. Should I continue to go back to the search? Or should I just wait here? Should I just go to the exit? Maybe Cap'n has already escaped without me?

I shook my head. I don't think Cap'n Cuttlefish would ever do that. I stood up from where I had lied down. A squid's job is never done. I decided to continue the search party. I walked forward and I noticed a bunch of boxes blocking the way. I gave a tiny smile. Nothing a little parkour could do. I then made my way towards the box, using my gun to splat ink on the boxes. Then I turned into a squid and swam through the ink. When I reached the end of my ink where the boxes came to a staircase-like position, I squid jumped and in mid-air, I turned back into a normal squid kid.

It was a little trick I learned myself during my days of working here as an agent and hopefully I could soon think of some more things to add to some more...pizzaz into it. I jumped suddenly when I got an alert on the CQ - 80.

It probably must be Cap'n. I have a feeling the place is somewhere near. Without hesitating, I didn't waste any time and ran for it. I had a feeling he was in danger. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. Then I finally saw a glass roof and from the inside I could hear that there were some cries for help and a blending sound if I heard correctly.

 I'm betting Cap'n Cuttlefish was in there and it was time to help. I grinned. It could be a nice time to do that little trick again. I picked up my speed and did instead of turning into a squid, I spun around in the air, bracing for the hard glass my hand or feet would hit.

CRASH! I came crashing through the glass. I quickly spotted Cap'n Cuttlefish. He was trapped in a blender together with...an octoling boy??? I shook my head. There's no time to wonder why is he there with Cap'n. He's in danger. Seeing the telephone on top, I quickly punched him with my fist as hard as I could. However, some pieces of that blender hit me hard in the head. I realize I was probably about to blackout. Before I did blackout I caught a glimpse of that mysterious octoling boy. He had orange-brown eyes and pink hair just like how octolings would normally have. This isn't my first time to see an octoling though. 

During my days of working as an agent, I have encountered tons of them, on which I have beaten them all. But for some reason, I don't know about this one. If I hadn't blackout, I probably would want to keep staring at him. But that was just crazy talk! Cap'n Cuttlefish was probably just using him to help him find me or whatever. Besides, how could an octoling like him, get to know an inkling like me. Before I could think of what would happen next, my head hit the floor and everything went black.