Chapter|1.

*Fallon*

**WARNING** This work is for a mature audience only and is marked as mature for that reason. It will have explicit sexual scenes, that start to appear first in chapter 11.

**SPOILER ALERT** In this chapter, they discuss The Walking Dead; which, to all who haven't watched this particular episode yet, is a BIG spoiler!

Also, this work is not edited and will have mistakes. Also, I will not respond to negativity in the comments. Just don't see the point!

You have been warned!

With a sigh, I slide my card through the time clock and walk to the back office to get my things. I've been here since seven this morning and since we had a call off, I elected myself to pick up the shift. I need the extra cash so...I don't mind.

"Thanks for staying over to help," Ray, the owner and main cook says gruffly, shutting off the open sign. "I appreciate the help."

I smile tiredly at him, "No problem, Ray. You know I don't mind."

"You might not, but I sure as hell do."

Ray is the kindest most caring, generous person I have ever met. He would give the shirt off his back to anyone who needs it.

"And if you think I'm letting you take the bus home, you are sadly mistaken," he adds. "It's too dangerous for a young beautiful woman— such as yourself, to be taking the bus home at this hour."

Good old Ray, always worrying about me. "Thanks, Ray."

He smiles, showing off his pearly whites and dimples. For an older man, he is quite attractive. If he wasn't married and twice my age— I shake the thought out of my head. I need a man in my life.

"You ready?" He asks, shutting his office door.

"Did you even have to ask?" I deadpan.

"Smart ass," he grumbles, causing me to laugh. I love getting on his nerves.

"I'm giving you the weekend off," he tells me as he pulls in front of my apartment.

I snap my head in his direction. I don't want the weekend off. That's when I make the most money. "But I-."

"No buts," he cuts me off. "I'll put a little extra in your pay. Think of it as a bonus."

"Ray," I sigh. "You're already short-handed."

"You know, anyone else would take the offer."

He knows I'm not anyone else. I like working. "If I was anyone else, you would have had to work by yourself."

"Just take the offer," he sighs tiredly. "You've earned it."

"And what am I supposed to do all weekend?" I never do anything but work.

"Get a life," he laughs. "Hell, I don't know. All I know is you're off for the next two days. Now get the hell out of my car."

"Alright," I chuckle. "Just promise me one thing," I add before stepping out of the car, and he 'hums' in response. "If you need me, you'll call me."

He grumbles something under his breath and scratches the back of his neck, "Alright! But only if I absolutely need you."

"Promise?"

He pauses for a moment before answering, "Promise."

I smile. "Goodnight, Ray, and thanks for the ride," I tell him before closing the door. He waits until I am safely inside my apartment before driving off.