Scene 1

Scene 1.

EXT. AFTERNOON.JUNGLE. – Jerome, Audrina, Latifie and Jana enter from stage left.

JANA

This is the coolest extra credit.  Retrieve Sinot Villagomez’s straw hat from the cave and return it to him at midnight!

JEROME

That’s if he left it in the cave! He kept dropping it on the field trip. We had to stop three times on the hike because he kept forgetting it!

JANA

Oh, c’mon Romy!  At least this extra credit will get us to spend time together.

JEROME

Don’t call me Romy!

JANA

Oh. Fine. Ok, then…Jere Bear.

JEROME

Don’t call me Jere Bear!

(Enter BritennyLyn from stage right)

BRITENNYLYN

Why’re y’all here?

AUDRINA

We’re gonna get Mr. Villagomez’s hat.

BRITENNYLYN

You four? Y’all can’t find your way out a ball pit!

JANA

Why the heck would we wanna try to leave a ball pit! It’s a frigging ball pit!

BRITENNYLYN

Even more reason why I’m gonna find the hat.

LATIFIE

So you wanna help us and share the extra credit?

BRITENNYLYN

Losers.Losers. I’m not gonna help you. I’m getting the extra credit all to myself.

JEROME

But you don’t even need extra credit. You know more about Guam History than SinotVillagomez!

BRITENNYLYN

Damn straight! Later losers! 

(exits stage right)

SCENE 2:  DEEPER INTO THE JUNGLE.  MORE TREES. DARK ORANGE LIGHT TO SIGNIFY LATE AFTERNOON. (Enter Brit, Aud, Latifie and Jer)

BRITENNYLYN

Stop following me!

JEROME

We already came this far! Why the heck would we wanna leave!

AUDRINA

Where’s Jana?  Wasn’t she right behind you, Latifie?

JANA (from offstage)

I’m peeing.  Just wait for me!

BRITENNYLYN

How dare you taint this sacred land!

JANA (still offstage)

Don’t worry.  I asked for permission.  Oh dear…hey do any of you girls have Kotex?

BRITENNYLYN

You have your period!  D’know that’s disrespectful to the taotaomonas!

JANA (comes in from behind trees)

Oh stop being such a killjoy! It’s not like I took anything from the jungle or try to set it on fire! 

(Jana pulls out a napkin from her pants and opens it up and pulls out cookies.  She munches the cookies while tossing the napkin on the ground.)

BRITENNYLYN

You lil bitch!  Don’t throw trash here!

JANA

What? It’s a paper napkin! It’s biodegradable! If anything, the environment should be high fiving me for giving back!

(loud baby cries come from offstage)

LATIFIE

What was that?

(Jana hugs Audrina.  Latifie hugs Jerome. BritennyLyn hugs herself.)

BRITENNYLYN

See!  See what you did!  You upset a spirit!

JANA

(letting go of Audrina)

Well, maybe if the spirit wasn’t such a sensitive weenie it wouldn’t have gotten offended!

(Cries get louder.  Lights go out.  Audience hears running on stage.  Lights back on. Enter BritennyLyn, Latifie, Audrina, and Jerome.)

JEROME

Ok the farther we are from Jana the farther away we’ll be from the ghost.

LATIFIE

Dammit, Audrina! Why’d you invite that chick!  She’s so effing annoying!  She thinks she’s cool but she ain’t!

JEROME

Yeah!  She’s always trying to be everyone’s friend, but she’s just so fricking stupid!

LATIFIE

Yeah I heard her talking crap about the New Girl!  How dare she talk shiz about my Zooey!

AUDRINA

I’m sorry…she asked my mom and my mom made me take her.

(Crying gets closer. Enter Jana wearing Mr. Villagomez’s straw hat while carrying a crying baby goat.)

JANA

Wow. Triple shot today! First I found Mr. Villagomez’s hat. Then I found this goat! Now I found you guys talking crap about me!

JEREOME

Fricken a.  I though we ditched that chick. 

The End