four ; new person, same old mistakes

Feel like a brand new personSo, how will I know that it's right?In a new directionSo, how will I know I've gone too far?

So, how will I know that it's right?
In a new direction
So, how will I know I've gone too far?

Leora Lance walked with Dick Grayson into Gotham High School at eight in the morning. Classes weren't meant to start for another forty-five minutes, but with Leora being a new student and all, she needed to sign in at the front desk to get her class schedule as well as her locker code and a map of the school. Although the map would've been helpful, Leora had Dick with her to show her the way. That, and she was pretty good with directions anyway.

"You know, this won't be as bad as you think it'll be," Dick told Leora after noticing her uneasy face.

Leora ringed her hands together. "You haven't seen me around new people and at school before. It's horrifying."

Dick chuckled. "You were fine when we first met."

Leora turned and rose an eyebrow up at him. "We were, like, twelve when we met. I didn't give two shits about what I said to you and whether or not you cared."

He grinned. "Well then just do the same here. Don't care about what others may think of you and just be yourself. You're amazing, everyone will love you."

Leora smiled lightly. "Thanks, Dick."

The first few lessons in the day were alright. Leora only had history, physical education and mathematics, to which she was great at all of them. She always found history interesting to learn about, what the whole world had been through before she was born into it. Sports was a given, the constant training Leora underwent to become the Green Starling kept her fit. Although her mother, Laurel, had given her strict instructions not to show off in class so that none of the students would figure out that she was a vigilante. And maths was never a problem. Leora's brain was quick to add things together and figure equations out. Her grandfather had always told her, before he passed away, that she would be an amazing professor if not then a paramedic or someone who helped people in other ways than being a vigilante.

After maths, Dick met up with Leora at her locker where they headed towards the cafeteria and picked up their trays of food. Dick headed towards a table with a group of people sitting around it and Leora followed uneasily behind him. "Hey guys," Dick piped up before placing his tray onto the table.

The girls on the table instantly perked up and gave him various types of greetings, most of them batting their eyelashes and puckering their lips slightly. The guys all grinned at him. "Dick, hey man," a dark haired guy spoke.

One of the girls finally noticed Leora standing behind Dick and rose an eyebrow as she pointed at her. "Who's this?" The brunette spoke.

Dick stepped to the side so that they could have a proper view of Leora, who shuffled awkwardly on her feet. "This is a friend of mine, Leora. She just moved here from Star City."