𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 𝒪𝓃ℯ

As Clementine arose from her plush haven of pillows and silk sheets, she noticed an air of haste surrounding the manor. Outside of her room, the sounds of servants hurrying about with anxious chatter drew her towards the door which she pressed her ear against in order to catch a snippet of conversation.
"-I do hate to speak of business that isn't mine, but I heard the Lady Adelaide say something about Clementine's schooling-"

There was a sudden knock on the door that startled Clementine and she scrambled over to her dressing table, hastily picking up the nearest object in order to pretend she was merely brushing her hair. "C-come in!" She stuttered, turning slowly to see who entered. To her surprise, it wasn't her usual assistant, or the maid, but instead the new footman Henry.

Clementine didn't know much of Henry other than he had been assigned to accompany her should she leave the manor- especially after last time, when Clementine had disobeyed her mother's orders to stay within the grounds at all times.

"What is it, Henry?" She asked as calmly as she could, but she felt a slight blush creep across her face as he stepped into the room. There was no denying that he was... attractive. But her mother forbade her from ever marrying anyone other than a rich young man who was heir to a large sum of wealth. Sadly, Clementine had found no interest in the potential suitors sent her way, though her mother encouraged her endlessly to pick one of them.

Startled again at once from her wandering thoughts, her attention was caught by Henry's cough.
"Oh... I apologise, I'm still... tired," she blurted out as Henry smiled.

"Not to worry miss Lavender, I merely came to inform you that your mother wishes to speak to you as soon as you come downstairs," he said calmly, smiling at her flustered state.
"I shall be down in just a moment, thank you Henry." She had managed to regain some composure as she said this, and straightened a little in her seat as he turned to leave.
As he did so, he stuck his head back in, raising an eyebrow "Not that it's my place to question you, but I do believe you use a hairbrush to brush your hair rather than a looking-glass m'lady?"

My face flushed as red as a beetroot as he left with a grin.