Something That Annoys Me

The one thing that builds me up with so much anger and hatred is something called mob mentality. Mob mentality describes how people are influenced by their peers to adopt certain behaviors, follow trends, and/or purchase items. In all honesty, I believe that every single person has good in them. It is as groups that we become mean people in order to gain the popularity that we all know in our minds is wrong. None of us know how to speak up and that is this world's biggest problem.

Many of us who have been victims of mob mentality complain that the world should be a better place. I think that unknowingly we build people up in our minds who are far from reality. We are all two-faced whether we choose to accept it or not. We are both victims and attackers.

This vindictive face of society, in my opinion, is pretend. Each of us seeks approval from something that does not exist, which leaves us unsatisfied. What we don't know is that by accepting who we are we build up our self esteem and we can feel that satisfaction.

We all need to learn not to judge others to feel better. It is in our control, knowing it or not, to destroy what is, in my opinion, the number one cause of depression and suicides.

The mob mentality has negatively impacted so many lives and obliterated so many people's happiness. Those who are victims of this group hatred feel weak and powerless when in reality all we have to do is better understand what it truly is a choose to not let it affect our self confidence.