Introduction

It's been a little over a year since I've finished college. It still feels surreal that four years came and went so quickly. In all honesty, they were the best four years of my life and I wouldn't change anything that has happened up to this point in my life. At the very young age of twenty- three, I know life is just beginning for me and to be honest, I am very much excited for the journey ahead. Does life get easier after graduating from college? Depending on who you ask, most individuals will answer you with a firm "no," then go into detail as to why. There are the few that have it all figured out by the time they finish their undergraduate studies, but the majority can honestly say they haven't quite figured out what they want out of life and what they aspire to be in life. I fall into the latter category of "not having it all figured out quite yet;" however, I have a plan moving forward and I'm doing everything in my power to see it into fruition.

Now, one might ask, "why are you writing this book today?" Well, one of my main reasons writing this book today is to tell of the trials that came with being a collegiate athlete, but also inform you all on learning to "be a mindful superstar." What do I mean by that exactly? What I mean by that is being mindful of not only what one does in their respective sport, but also being a better human being outside of sports and creating a positive environment that gravitates people in. Also, it helps to be mindful when dealing with the frustrations of being unable to perform and not getting the results you were expecting despite putting in the work. This concept applies to all aspects of life, whether it be in sports, in your career, and even in your relationships with other people. To my readers, I just want to say thank you, for taking the time to read my piece of literature. I feel as if we learn better from regular individuals such as you and me rather than what a celebrity or another famous figure has gone through. I hope you all learn something from my work and hope you all take something away from this. This is all from my perspective, my experiences, and everything I've educated myself on up to this point. You'll also learn a little bit about my days as a student athlete. Once again, thank you, and I hope you enjoy the experience that you're about to be indulged in.