Author's Note

Hello!

Welcome to my story! This was written about seven to eight years ago. I wrote it on a whim and for a while, it was just a silly little story about a princess and her bodyguard. I never really expected it to blow up the way it did, nor did I expect my story and the characters to become something so dear to people. 

There are currently two more versions out -- a 2016 rewrite, and a 2020 rewrite. This version and the 2016 are now considered old drafts and nothing in them is canon -- i.e., whatever happens in them, consider them a fever dream and a remnant of the past. The 2020 version is the most current and updated version, as well as the canon version. 

Why do I have three versions? (because I'm a super lame perfectionist who can't let go of one stupid story). No, but truly -- each and every single one of these versions reflects my progress as a writer at the time. I started "I'll Protect You" when I was finishing up middle school. I rewrote it when I was a junior/senior in high school. 

And now I've graduated and have a bachelor's degree--and I'm in law school. So each version continues to be a more upgraded and mature version. I love these characters dearly and will always want to do them justice. Hopefully, the 2020 one will be the last version and I can move onto writing other stories or even sequels. 

I hope you guys enjoy and that even if it's the same story, you give the other versions a shot too. 

-- knee