In the beginning

Hi.

My name's Lucheio.

Currently 18 years old, living in a rugged apartment with my ol' pal Ringo.

Ringo and I have been best friends for as long as I could remember, and for as long as I could remember I've always known he's... special. Not an autistic sort of special, but special as in, uh.. unique.
Let me explain.
He's always Bouncing around and tearing my furniture into shreds, eating all my butter and sleeping on my side of the bed. (There's only one side so sometimes I'm forced to sleep on the couch.)
Yeah.. I guess your probably confused as to were this story is going, so I'll just spit it out.

Ringo was never an ordinary dog.
He was never a dog to begin with. I knew that since day one.
He never looked like one either..
Kinda like if a fox and a chiwawa ever had a baby, Ringo would be it.
Blonde messy fur, red paws, the tips of his ears were red and red splotches highlighted his back fur randomly.
He also had piercing green eyes that stood out from the rest of him.
I'll admit, he's a pretty intimidating animal. Despite his size and his delinquent behavior, he's a really good buddy to have.

Our story began when I was six, still at St. Jones orphanage.
Me and Rocket (don't forget him) basically owned the orphanage playground, as we would call it our 'kingdom'.
Always chasing the other little girls out of it, afraid we'd catch cooties or something stupid like that.
It was one particular day that Rocket and I were kicking a ball up as hard as we could and head-butting it back and forth to the other person. Whoever would back out first had to go tell Mrs. Fretti, our "parental supervisor", that we were in love with her.

"Luigi, don't be such a dunkus and just play with me already..!"

"I hope you know the forest is right! there! We're gonna kick it into the river again."

"If we do, I'll stop it before it gets to the thorn bush, don't worry..! "

"Rocket.. "

"Luigi.. " He mimicked me.
He quickly brushed his dirt and sweat covered hair out of his face and smirked at me, hovering the ball right above the ground.
"Ya ready? "

I take a nervous glance back at the teacher, then back at Rocket and gave him a nod.
"Ready."

Rocket released the ball, and with quick reflexes, kicked it right in the air and up above the powerlines.
I looked at the sky were the ball was, and followed it around, waiting for it to land. As it came closer and closer, I prepared my self for the impact on my forhead until-

"Mister Rock and Kendalas! Just what do you think your doing?? "

I switch my gaze from the ball to Mrs. Fretti who was angerly marching towards us with her fists clenched at her sides. I look back up to see were the ball is, but instead I'm greeted with a mouth full of rubber as the ball smacked off my face. I lost my balance and fell butt-first into the hard concrete.

"Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow!"
Yelling, I grab my nose and my eyes watered up.
"Woah-ho-hohh! Lucheio, are you ok??"
I could tell that from the way he spoke and his voice sounded, he was holding back a laugh. Honestly, I would have been too if it wasn't for this imense pain that was crawling across my face.

I felt this warm liquid spread between my fingers and on my upper lip. At first I thought it was sweat but I could slightly see the blood drop on my legs, through my eyes clouded in tears.