About Me

Hi everyone! If you don't know me, I'm your friendly neighborhood cube! You can call me Rubix. Although I love it when readers call me Rubix-Sensei or Author-San. My readers are so cute! I love you guys!

Comment here of anything you'd want to see in this guide. I can only do broad topics like essay writing not how to study for my 9th-grade geometry class. This will really be for high school students because I'm currently a college student and I'm struggling folks.

I want to tell you about myself as a student so you'll know better who you're getting your advice from. I kind of want you guys to have some faith in me that I know what I'm talking about. Feel free to ask me any school-related questions about myself and I'll put it in a separate chapter or add it into this one.

I'll also give you some of my "statistics" so you'll know where I'm at as a student. You should NEVER compare yourself to me or to anyone because every student is unique and we value that. If anything, I want to give you all hope because of the potential you all have.

As a student, I was very studious and mainly focused on school. For fun, I would read books, read manga, or watch anime. I also wrote stories but during my junior and senior years, I took a semi-break to focus on school even more for college applications. I had friends who had the same hobbies as me and we would go hang out afterschool sometimes.

As I'm writing this guide, I'm currently a junior at the University of California-Berkeley studying Civil Engineering. Now then, here are some of my statistics. I had to do some digging to find everything.

Also if you're not in America, you can just ignore this stuff and move on to another chapter that is relevant to you. Or you can read it if you're bored and want to know more about a cube.

______________________________

My Timeline: 2015-9th Grade Freshman, 2016-10th Grade Sophomore, 2017-11th Grade Junior, 2018-12th Grade Senior

GPA: 3.92

Note: I was a 4.0 but senioritis got the better of me- got two Bs and a C I think. This is to show that you can have your GPA dip down a bit after college applications but not too much.

_________________________

Standardized Tests:

Note: I'll elaborate more about standardized tests in a different chapter. Just know that I only did the SAT, not the ACT.

Note: I did with the SAT with essays because I'm pretty confident in my essays especially after the 11th grade AP Lang exam. You should take it with the essay if you're good at essay writing because even though it's more work, the admissions officer will see more of you as a student.

Note: I didn't take the ACT because the colleges I wanted to apply to all accepted SAT, so I didn't want to waste my time studying for a different exam. So it's best to know what colleges you want to apply to so you'll know if you have to take the SAT, ACT, or both. 

SAT Scores:

SAT with Essay: (SAT out of 1600, Essay out of 8)

1410 (Reading/Writing: 710, Math: 700) [2017, 12th Grade, December]

Essay: Reading (6), Analysis (4), Writing (6)

1330 (Reading/Writing: 640, Math: 690) [2017, 12th Grade, August]

Essay: Reading (5), Analysis (6), Writing (6)