-12-

"Something's wrong." Gia muttered, looking up at Virat.

"What's wrong?" Virat laughed. "We're all okay here! There's no one to harm either of us, baby. We're safe here."

"We're not." Gia moved away from his grasp. Virat looking at her in shock.

"Where are you going? Gia?!"

"I'm going home."

"So, we're having a party?" Anushka retorted as she looked at Virat while cocking her eyebrow. "Since when are you so interested in having a party?"

"Since I've got you back as a girlfriend." He smirked. "Besides, we need a platform to show our..love." He paused and looked at her, which made her loose her senses.

There was just something about him, really. It wasn't the money nor his social status. If it was, she could have easily moved him aside from her heart, from her literal soul. But she couldn't. He was her darkness, just as she was his. They weren't going to move apart from each other, not in this lifetime.

If he was the fire, she was dancing in it. And she didn't know how to extinguish it.

"So, party?"

"Party."

--

"Have you heard? Virushka's back again!"

"Yes, oh my fucking darlings are back! I never know why did they break up even?"

"Virushka will get married I swear. They would be the ones to have a big fat Indian wedding."

Meera slammed her books on Simran's desk.

"So all the flirting was a joke?" She said as she took her seat next to her, Simran cocking an eyebrow.

"That seat's for Shruti, kindly get off?" She retorted. "What flirting are you even on about?"

"Virat!" She slammed her head on her books, unwilling to move. "Can't Shruti find another seat, I need you today. It's not like I can go talk to Hardik about this now, can I?"

"Well." Simran turned her head towards the other desk where someone was already sitting. "Hey, get off. And blame Meera for it, NOW."

The student scurried away.

"Now," She said, turning back to Meera. "Why would you think he was exclusive to you? If he's exclusive to anyone in this entire school, it's Anushka. And Gia, let's not forget her. Also, why were you talking with her yesterday?"

"Who, Gia?" She remarked, cocking an eyebrow.

"No, your dad. Of course Gia."

"We can't be friends now, can we?" She said looking front. "And besides, is it a rule to not talk to her just because she's Virat's plaything?"

Simran held her arm tightly, making Meera turn towards her.

"If anyone's a plaything, it's you and I. You don't fuck with Gia when you're on the hit list of Anushka, remember that. She'll ruin you." She whispered harshly.

"Let go of my arm." She gritted out. "And who made the rules?"

"Okay, class. I'm asking you all to take out your textbooks and pay attention."

--

"So, there's a party on the weekend, interested?" Hardik said, looking at Meera.

"What party? Honestly this school has way too many parties for an average school!" Meera grumbled, looking at him.

"It's Nushki's party. She said I could bring a plus one. So, I mean.." He trailed off awkwardly, scratching his head with one hand. "Only if you want to, I swear!"

"Chill, but wait. Is it the same Nushki who's your childhood friend?" She said, looking up at him.

"Yep." He said, popping the p. "She got together with her ex. That's why she's throwing the party." Seeing her cocking an eyebrow, he laughed. "I know, she's very extra. But she's amazing. And you could meet her, finally! I know she's been dying to meet you."

"Sure, I guess." She smiled.

"Great!"

--

So I'm really excited for the party because I've got good things planned.

Also I would also love to party, but right now it's CORONA TIME. Sigh.