-17-

"So I'm really confused." Gia muttered, looking up at him. "Why are you with me?"

"Because I like you." He muttered, looking up at the sky.

She laughed.

"If you liked me, you wouldn't be pining after Meera." She smiled, lighting up her face.

"I'm lost, Gia." Hardik muttered, looking at her. "I want to love you, I do."

"Then unlove her," She whispered. "I dare you."

"So, what's the deal with you and Virat?" Meera asked as the three sat around the table, eating their lunches.

"Oh." She kept her sandwich down. "Well, we've been the best of friends ever since we moved in next to each other, really."

"Really?" Meera said. "Funny, you don't even know the half of what Virat does."

"Really?" She questioned, with a look on her face. "What don't I know?"

"Meera, I don't think that's your story to tell." Hardik interrupted, looking at Gia. "Gia can always go and ask him later, maybe after school?"

"No, I want to hear." Gia muttered. "What has Virat been hiding from me?"

"Well, I'm not the first girl he's fucked while being in a relationship with Anushka."

"So, riddle me this." Anushka said, looking at Simran. "Why are you so chummy with Meera?"

"She's a friend." She replied back, quickly. "Now I can't be friends with the new kid?"

"Oh you can." Anushka laughed. "In fact, only the new kids want to be friends with you."

Simran clenched her fists.

"Who knows, once Shruti finds out about you and Jasprit, maybe she'll leave you too." She snickered. "Anyways, do whatever you want. She isn't going to last much longer anyway."

Anushka walked away with a skip in her step leaving Simran fuming.

"So, why do you study in this school?" Shruti asked, twirling her straw with her finger, looking at Jassi. "I mean, my school is closer to your house."

Jassi stammered.

"Listen, I need to tell you something." He started. "And please, don't judge me before you hear everything?"

She nodded.

"You know I would never do that, babe." She muttered, keeping her hand on top of his.

"My name isn't Jassi, really." He said, biting his lip. "It's Jasprit."

"Wait." She moved back. "You mean, Simran's Jasprit?"

"Yes." He said. "And I set out to get revenge on her at first."

"What in the absolute fuck is wrong with you?" Gia slammed her hand on the table, the whole canteen going silent.

"What's going on, Gia?" Virat said, looking up at her.

"What is this sick game you're playing?" Gia shook her head, tears falling from her eyes. "You know what you sicko?"

"Gia." Virat breathed in, breaking down. "Listen to me."

"And listen to the absolute bullshit you make up?" She countered back. "I never ever want to talk to you, ever again."

She walked away and then he realised.

He was nothing without her.

His Gia.

Meera has poked the bear fellow humans, she has she has🐥

I have this epic scene in my head but I'm not too sure do I write it the next chapter or the chapter after that.

Let's seeee :)