-16-

"I'm mentally fucked up, aren't I?" Anushka sobbed, leaning her head towards his shoulder, crying her eyes out. "I mean, have you ever met anyone that went out to party on the eve of her grandmother's funeral and got absolutely hammered?" She hiccuped.

"Hey, everyone feels guilt in a different way." Virat shushed her, keeping his palm on her head. "You drink, I fuck, what's the difference?"

"Fuck you, Virat." She sobbed harder. "Why am I here when Hardik's at home, why am I with you?"

"Because," He breathed in. "No matter what we do, we'll always have a piece of each other that we can never take back."

"So that's the whore that slept with Virat."

"What did he even see in her, she's a nobody!"

"Come on, she must have thrown herself at him."

"Nobody gives a fuck about standards." Gia shouted to the crowd. "All of you, please keep your opinions to yourself and fuck off, please!"

"Thanks." Meera mumbled. "You didn't need to do that."

"Of course I did!" She exclaimed. "I mean, who's going to do it if I don't?"

"So, people are gossiping about you now?" Hardik joined the duo, looking at Meera first.

"Who are you?" Hardik asked, seeing Gia.

"I'm Gia, Meera's friend. You must be Hardik!" She smiled.

"Yes." He blushed. "Wow, you're really pretty, I mean pretty great friend for doing that, absolutely." He coughed, looking sheepish.

She laughed. "It was a an honour, really. I don't have many opportunities to do that." She looked at her watch. "It's already time for class, gotta go! See you guys later?"

"Sure!" Hardik smiled.

Meera felt an uneasy feeling in her chest. Hardik was her friend, right? I mean, that was all there was to it! She never felt so possessive about him ever before in her life and truth be told, never felt it for Virat either.

What was wrong with her?

Maybe she ate something bad, again.

"As the tangents are parallel..." The teacher's voice  droned on and on as Anushka thought about Virat. What was his plan with this Meera chock anyway? He fucked her, that should be enough for him! Why was he so interested in this girl?

What was so special about Meera that Virat didn't share with her nor tell her about his plans? What was his end goal here?

What was he planning to do?

He couldn't have fallen in love with her, could he?

"So yesterday I watched a football match!" Shruti remarked as she sat down opposite Jassi, quickly raising her hand for a menu. "Obviously I didn't understand much but my dad tried to teach me some of the rules but I still couldn't understand. After a point he gave up." She laughed as she told the story, eyes twinkling with happiness.

"Why would you want to watch it, if you didn't know the rules?" He chuckled, getting his order.

"I wanted to understand the jumbo you speak when you're too engrossed in the match." She blushes and Jasprit's heart warmed.

"Babe, I'll teach you."

"So, I was wondering." Meera spoke up, distracting Virat from further conversation. "Why are you still with Anushka when we've -" She trailed off, pointing between them. "I mean, even Gia likes us both more than she likes you and Anushka, really!"

"So you're the one who told her." He hummed. "Why?" He lightly questioned.

"I needed advice." She bit her lip, trying to entice him. "I mean, I'm not going to go ask Simran about this, she wouldn't give me an unbiased opinion." She continued.

"And so you thought Gia was the best option." He hummed, stopping her from walking any further.

"Listen." He got close to her face, looking at her with anger in his eyes. "You never tell Gia what I'm up to, you don't speak a word about me to her."

"Why?" She breathed out.

"Because she's worth more than you."

Hello! I really hoped you kind of get the dynamics of the players in this book and hopefully, you can see who's going to end up with whom😅🤪

But I'm very confused about two people and who they should end up with, or remain single, idk idk.

Let us seeeee
And I just want to say a big (and I mean big) thank you to all my readers. I've been updating this book for a week now and it's already at 3K reads🍭

And #18 under Virat Kohli searches!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

And #18 under Virat Kohli searches!THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!