-18-

"I'm stuck here with all the choices I've made," He sobbed. "But if I had a chance to take it all back, I would."

"When did you fuck up so much and why wasn't I there for you?" She said, hugging him tightly.

"Because you're my light, my perfect Gia." He muttered. "I can't let you be consumed with my darkness."

"If you had loved me, you would've told me." She cried out, tears pooling in her eyes. "I trusted you to tell me."

"I have a damaged soul, a broken heart and one messed up mind." He cried out, holding her. "But you're the one who makes me think I can be saved."

"Then let me save you, Virat."

"How could you do that, Simran?" Shruti gasped, shaking her out of her daydreaming. "What even possessed you to do it?"

"What are you talking about?" She muttered. "It's way too early to be poking at straws here, dude."

"You and Jasprit!" She screamed. "You were everything to him, everything! I can't believe you were so heartless."

"Who told you about that, Shruti?" She gasped, looking at her with wide eyes. "I tried so hard not to let you know! Was is Anushka?"

"God, it doesn't matter who told me!" Shruti retorted. "And for the fact, it wasn't her. How could you do that to him?"

"It wasn't my fault entirely." She sobbed. "You can't say no to Virat, Shruti. He's just, so powerful and so dominant!"

"Did you even love Jasprit?" She muttered. "Because the way I see it, you only dated him to get closer to Virat and now since Virat won't look at you, you're hell bent on getting Jasprit back!"

"What's wrong with you?" Simran jumped. "It isn't like that, how did you even come to this conclusion?"

"You know Jassi?" She retorted. "He's Jasprit. Your Jasprit. He just told me everything between you and him."

"No." She gasped, tears pooling in her eyes.

"You've lost him forever, Simran." She muttered. "And I'm glad that you did, actually. You don't deserve him."

Shruti turned around and walked away, leaving behind a sobbing Simran. No one stopped to look at her, while she was sobbing violently.

She just lost the only friend she ever had.

"What's wrong?" Hardik stumbled onto a crying Gia on the bleachers as he asked that, her looking at him.

"Whatever Meera said was true." She cried out. "He's been hiding so many things from me, it's impossible to know whether he's the Virat I grew up with."

"Meera's a bitch." He muttered, putting one hand over her shoulder to bring her closer as she sobbed. "It wasn't her right to say that."

"And if she hadn't said it, I would have never known." Gia muttered, wiping her eyes. "What do I do now, Hardik?"

"Listen to him." He softly said, looking at her head. "I don't think you really did, when you screamed at him in the cafeteria and then walked away. Give him another chance, people do make mistakes, you know?"

"What about you?" She muttered, moving her head away from his shoulders. "When are you going to tell Meera you like her?"

"I don't know what you're talking about, sadly." He blushed.

"Hardik Pandya!" She laughed. "I might be oblivious to many things but love, I never miss. Why don't you confess?"

"Because I don't recognise this Meera." He muttered. "The Meera I fell for had the sweetest smile and eyes full of joy and never used to hide stuff from me. But this Meera is-" He trailed off.

"This Meera is dark, angry and manipulative. I don't know her."

Hello🥺

I've just realised, I haven't written a scene where anyone's mum or dad comes in a long time, haina?

Short scene coming next chapter🤪