-26-

When Jasprit started dating Simran, he was on top of the world. This was the love of his life, willingly in a relationship with him. He could name a thousand reasons why she was the one for him.

Simran was everything to him. Until she wasn't.

Truthfully, Simran just saw Jasprit as just another boyfriend. Sure, he was kind and attentive and yes, she did like him. But love, she was far away from that.

When Virat had approached Simran with the idea of sleeping with him, she immediately said no. She couldn't betray Jasprit, not when he'd loved her like she was meant to be loved.

Though she couldn't deny, a sizzle of desire had run through her when she first heard it.

Soon, she made excuses to herself that what she was doing was really bad, she should at-least break up with Jasprit first.

She just couldn't bear to face him.

So she let him find out. Let him know what a whore his girlfriend was, that he'd be so angry to break up with her.

She didn't expect that he'd be broken too.

-

The whole school was talking about it.

Everyone knew who Gia suddenly was.

As she walked in the school, her friends looked at her with pity in their eyes and the rest moved away from her, muttering under their breaths. As she approached the table where her friends sat, one of them spoke up.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Stuti asked, looking at her. "I get it it's a private matter but it doesn't matter anymore, does it? The whole school knows about it."

"What matter?" She asked. "What's the thing that everyone's talking about?"

"Cut the bullshit, Gianna." Ankit spoke. "We know you're adopted."

"What?" She asked stepping back, fear and humiliation in her expression. "The whole school knows about it?"

"Yeah, pretty much." Stuti retorted. "You can see it on the magazines and newspapers by tomorrow, if Diya gets her way."

"Which she will, knowing you." Paul jumped in. "But we're still with you, babes. Adopted or not."

"Speak for yourself, Paul." Stuti remarked. "I'm still butthurt that she didn't say this to me. We've been friends our whole school life."

"I'm sorry." Her voice broke. "I didn't want anyone to know they aren't my parents." She said in a quiet voice. "They adopted me when I was a month old, I've never known my actual parents. They've been my parents in every sense of the word."

"Pagal, it's okay!" Stuti laughed. "We were just pulling your leg, we're all with you."

"Thanks guys." She suddenly hugged her tightly, crying. "I don't know what happened."

"Oye." The other two remarked, hugging the girls from the sides. "We're here too." Paul ended.

"Thank you so so much."

"What the bloody fuck is going on this fine morning?" Simran asked as she walked in the empty classroom with a smile which dropped when she saw everyone there.

By everyone, she meant everyone in the holy gang.

Except Gia.

"Why am I here?" She asked, seeing Anushka.

"You're one of us again, genius." Nupur retorted, looking at her and smiling. "So, I think everyone has heard about the latest rumour mill."

"Gia's adopted, apparently?" Rohit snickered. "That isn't true, is it? Like she looks like her parents!"

"It's true." Virat grumbled pressing his fingers against his temple, the hangover too much to bear. "They are her aunt and uncle, her parents died when she was a month old."

"Oh wow." Bhuvi said. "Who knew about it?"

"I thought it was only me." Virat replied. "But apparently Gia told someone else too."

"Wait, Virat." Anushka suddenly chimed in. "Are you jealous?"

"No, psh." He replied back, looking at her. "Why would I be jealous that I'm not the only one Gia told it to? She's the one barking mad!"

"Sounds a lot like jealousy, haina?" Ritika spoke up, looking at Rohit. "Isn't it, babu?"

"Yea dude." He snickered. "This'll give you an excuse to talk to Gia now!"

"For fuck's sake." He groaned, the room erupting into giggles. "I'm not in love with her!"

"Sounds to me, you're only arguing with yourself here." Simran said, smiling lightly.

She didn't know but the ache in her heart has lessened. Maybe it was because she had her friends back or maybe she was finally getting over the fact that Jasprit wouldn't be hers ever again. But something was making her heart lighter again.

Now all she had to do was talk to Shruti.

Gia was a woman on a mission.

She quickly walked towards the ground, where she knew Hardik would be practising cricket. She passed by all the people trying to show her sympathy over this and quietly dodged Ritika and Simran (since when did those two start hanging out again?) and made her way over.

She was pissed.

How dare he let her secret out? How dare he invade her privacy? And to think she trusted him! He quickly reminded her that most people were friends with her only to gain benefits form her life.

She really thought Hardik was different. He turned out to be the same as them.

"What the bloody fuck is wrong with you?" She seethed as she reached him, her hands forming into fists as she swung at him, him ducking immediately to save himself from the hit.

"Gia." He caught her next swing, pulling both her hands towards him as she looked at him with a red face, anger clearly shown on her face.

He looked at her face and quickly looked down.

"I'm sorry for doing this but I had to."

"You didn't have to do anything unless you were being murdered, you asshole!" She screamed, catching the attention of the players. "And I know for a fact you weren't being murdered, so what happened?"

"I'm sorry." He repeated, looking ashamed. "I really didn't want to do it but circumstances forced me to."

"Who did you tell?" Her voice was deathly calm. "Please Hardik."

"I can't. One day you'll understand."

Jasprit looked at Simran as she made her way into her house, walking through the gates. Only when she'd gone in, he removed his sunglasses, wondering why he'd choose to torture himself over and over again by seeing her.

But you know what they say about your first love.

You never truly lose feelings for them.

O.o

This was the not so well written aftermath🦕 but yolo🌗
Will Gia ever find out it was Meera who spread it🌝