Rant: Plagiarism

~{Cover by: @Chloesweetheart}~

Plagiarism

This is a topic that is hot on the debate table, and it is extremely relevant in this setting.

pla•gia•rism /'plāje , rizem/

Noun

Definition:

The practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.

***

Okay so yes, I have to do this.

I have had both books stolen and "changed" into someone else's profile.

I got wattpad to fix it though.

Thanks wattpad!

Anyway,

Who in there right mind sees it okay to steal, or in the definition "take", someone's things?

Is it okay if I come up to you and steal the shirt off your back and walk away?

NO!

So why do people think it's okay to steal writing and ideas from others.

People say it's not the same thing.

In context no it isn't.

But let's say I have an object, and you want the object that is mine, you simply take it from me and continue on.

That is exactly what plagiarism is people taking things to use and benefit themselves, but wrongfully taking it from them.

It's a huge problem in schools and it pisses me off at college level.

Some kids will plagiarize a paper from online.

Okay so what right?

No.

Some colleges see it as a slap on the wrist when in reality, it's robbery.

Taking something that doesn't belong to you.

In college the kids who do this, if on a sports team, sometimes get a game or two off.

Do you think they have learned?

Some might.

Majority, no.

Will they do it again?

Possibly, and if they do, they will just be extra careful to not get caught.

What needs to happen at the college sport level is this.

Kicked off the team.

Not allowed to join sports team for the rest of the year.

Fail that assignment, whatever it maybe.

And if serious enough, fail the course.

It isn't right for them to get a simple treatment of misconduct, compared to the people who actually did the work and tried hard.

It isn't right.

In high school.

Fail the assignment.

Make them redo it, for no credit. (They should have done it right the first time.)

If it's a research paper.

No technology.

Just good old fashioned books.

They should have to go the extra mile to get done what should have been done right originally.

Make them work for it.

There shouldn't be three strikes your out, your first one being a warning.

It should be once and your done.

Those people shouldn't be treated with equal respect if all they are doing is the non-noble act of stealing.

***************************************************************************************************************

Authors Note:

Well?

What did you think?

I honestly did this because it seems to have become a strong topic lately and it really applies to this scene.

What other topics should I rant about?

I am willing to do research to rant.

Any quotes you want discussed?

Let me know!

Please,

Vote

Comment

Follow

Fan

And Keep on Reading!!

Love,

•C