Review

I was requested to read a book called Alpha Kane on an app called Any Stories and write a review. @1974NANETTEOBIE is the editor for this marvellous book her friend Amina Adamou wrote. I'm sorry if there are spoilers below, I'll try not to give much away.

_______________________________________________________________________________

I, unfortunately, was only capable of reading the first few chapters due to budget. Even so, I still became attached to the story. The prologue starts with a cliche story of a weak omega Ember Yale that is rejected by their Alpha mate Kane Wilder. But as soon as the real story begins, it is no longer the same overused story-line. The presumed weak omega is capable of saving herself as she fights multiple opponents and wins. Although she is powerless in a way, she isn't fragile; she is smart. She knows how to stay out of the way and doesn't draw attention to herself. But being the mate to the pack leader's son doesn't pass without unwanted scrutiny. She struggles to fit in with the pack and her self-esteem. The compelling plot, character development, and overall writing style of the story draw readers' attention.

The plot induced numerous readers to continue reading. Like mentioned before, the story appeared to be a cliche story. However, throughout the story, the plot goes through many interesting twists and turns. Not only is the story full of a wide variety of supernatural creatures, but is also written so well it makes the supernatural seem realistic. It's unpredictable and quite astonishing. In general, the plot developed amazingly.

The character development during the story was also intriguing. At first, Ember the shy, insecure omega turns into a resilient, independent werewolf. Her strength and capability in her fights shine through in the real world in multiple situations. She cares and protects herself and her friends. Each character has the personality that suits them the most, although I wish I could have more scenes with Ember and both of her amazing friends; a wizard and fairy. All the characters are remarkably described — from her friends to her mother.

As I have said multiple times, the story is amazingly written. The description of the settings, characters, and their feelings are told so well that you can vividly imagine each of them but aren't too descriptive that you give up on trying to interpret it. I couldn't find any significant, let-alone minor, problems in the grammar and punctuation.

I enjoyed reading this story. I feel like the story dragged out a little, but I can't complain. I love supernatural and fantasy stories, but I'm usually not into the lovey-dovey type with a weak person that falls in love with a vigorous person that is WAY out of their league. I know I have said this many times, but this story is different from the cliche story. It has set my expectations for other werewolf rejection stories high.

The only thing I would suggest to the author and editor is to have a more inner conflict with Ember as she fights the mate bond. But not too much that the readers predict her falling in love with Kane. I can't think of any other advice for improving this story. So keep asking others' for their guidance and opinions and enjoy yourselves when you write and edit stories. I hope you decide to write books like Alpha Kane on Wattpad.

Thank you for reaching out to me @1974NANETTEOBIE, I have loved reading your and your friends' work, and writing this review.

Rate: 9/10

Link: https://anystories.onelink.me/zUil?up8

App: AnyStories

Reads: 612.3K

Author: Amina Adamou

Editor: @1974NANETTEOBIE

~Unknown1134