Prologue: Chapter 33 & 34 (Falling for the Jock)

Elliot's POV (Brett's brother)

I was laying in bed, texting Aiden who was a wrestling match out of town this weekend. Just listening to the rain hitting my window. My fathers were on a date for the first time in what seems like forever, so the house was only for me tonight. Of course, it isn't the best feeling to be alone when it's dark and raining. At least the thunder hasn't started yet. But one Saturday alone at home without any plans feels good once in a while.

Just as I was going to get myself something to eat in the kitchen, the doorbell rang. I checked my watch. Half-past ten, who could come so late. I wasn't stupid enough to just open the door when I was home alone, so I sneaked myself toward the window to look through it. Outside stood a drenches Noah, who looked like he was crying but it could be the rain.

''Noah!'' I said worryingly as I quickly opened the door and let him in.

''What's going on?'' I asked him looking at him as he took off his shoes and jacket.

''Let's get upstairs so you can change and warm yourself!'' I said and dragged him upstairs so he could take a quick shower while I found some clothes that he could wear afterward.

When Noah came out from the shower, I saw how puffy his eyes were and I felt bad about asking, but I had to know what was going on at the same time.

''Noah, if you feel like it, please tell me what is going on'' I said as I stroke his back when as he sat on my bed and his tears started to come down his cheeks again.

Without needing an answer right now, I grabbed him and pulled him into a tight and warm hug. He was really crying now, I've never heard him cry and act this way. Something must be terribly wrong!

''My mum... My mum'' Noah cried

''What is it about your mum?'' I asked, scared that something had happened to her.

''She... nothing... she wants... nothing... to do... with... me'' He cried and suddenly it developed into him balling his eyes out.

I tried to calm him down, but he was really down. It took so much to not cry myself. Never in my life have I felt this bad for another person. What does he mean that she wants nothing to do with him?

''I came out'' Noah said as he hid in my shoulder and could barely talk as he was crying.

Oh no. She totally disowned him. What kind of parent can do something like this! It's horrible. I made sure to hold onto Noah even more secure. I want him to feel like he came to somewhere safe. Here he won't be judged by anyone.

''I have no place to stay, my mum want's me out of the house by end of next week'' he told me, crying harder out of panic. I tried my best to calm him down by stroking his back as I held him close to let his tears fall down on me.

''Stay here then, you can sleep in my bed and will figure this out together!'' I said optimistically as I used my thumb to get one of his tears away from his cheek.

''Really?'' he said as he moved away from me to look me at me better.

I approached him with a hug ''of course, I'll do anything to help you!''

''Thanks, Elliot, you're a really good friend.'' 

*The next day, AKA chapter 34

River's POV (one of Brett and Elliot's father)

''What about Noah, isn't he coming down?'' I asked as I saw Elliot coming down to the kitchen by himself. I had been cooking for a Sunday roast, which we had every week.

''No, he's not feeling like socializing'' Elliot said while looking at the table as he sat down, not getting eye contact with me as he spoke.

''Well here, you can bring him some food upstairs before we start eating'' I said as I finished putting food on one of the plates. I continued putting food on the other plates as Elliot went upstairs to give Noah his food.

Brett was at his first Sunday roast since he had moved and my mother and father were visiting us as they do every Sunday for the roast. ''Noah, is that the sweet boy from the barbeque?'' my mother asked as I handed her the plate.

''Yes, he's been sleeping over here tonight. Elliot didn't tell me the reason, he just informed me that Noah was sleeping in his room when I and Hunter came back home from our date last night.''

Elliot came back down as I had put all the filled plates down on the table and we were ready to eat.

Elliot was clearly sad at the dining table. He did not really eat that much and just sat boring holes in his plate, moving his vegetables around on his plate. ''What's wrong honey, you haven't touched your food'' I ask looking towards my little boy.

''Noah came out to his mother'' Elliot said, now looking up and into my eyes.

''That's great honey, but why are you sad'' I asked, still a little bit confused. Why would he be sad that his friend had the courage to come out. Didn't it go well?

''She didn't take it very well and told him that as long as he is pursuing that lifestyle he wouldn't be welcome in their house'' Elliot replied as he tried a tear from his cheek. I got up from my chair and held around him.

It was quiet for a minute before I decided to ask ''as bad as the consequences are, I hope that lovely boy choose to stay true to himself'', a tear fell down Elliot's cheek once again.

''He did, but he's now told to find a new place at the end of next week''. Before I could have the chance to suggest that Noah could live at our house, Brett had his own suggestion.

''He can stay at my new place, the rent is not the cheapest and it would help to split it up'' Elliot looked shocked at Brett and wiped his tears away ''are you serious?'' Elliot started to form a small smile on his mouth. Brett smiled back ''yeah, and it won't hurt with the company.''

Elliot was so happy that he got up from his chair to hug Brett ''Brett, you're the best, Noah will be so happy to hear that he has somewhere to stay''. Elliot ran upstairs to tell Noah, forgetting all about the Sunday roast.

''Elliot, your food?'' I said but didn't get a reply before I heard him excitedly enter his bedroom, to tell his friend the good news.

I smiled at Brett. ''That was a very friendly gesture of you Brett.'' I had the best two children. Proud of how good they turned out.

''I guess, but it only felt right'' He said, smiling as he took another bite.

''Don't feel pressured to invite him to live at your place, Noah can have old your room here you know?'' I reassured him. There was definitely enough room for him to stay here. especially now that Brett wasn't even living here and his room was empty.

''No, it's really fine. Noah is a cool guy and I could honestly benefit from the company''. He said and I was so proud that I got behind him and hugged him. He had honestly turned into such a lovely man. Hopefully, Noah will notice that too if he decided to move in with Brett.