Typical of Heaven

Terry swallowed the last of the morning smarties with a slurp of luke warm over sugared tea and returned to sit on his dormitory bed rolled a cigarette expertly and took a deep drag. The ward was relatively quite as after the breakfast sustenance calmed the patients even the serious head bangers and spacers were in some way showing small signs of normality or about as normal as it gets in a locked psychiatric ward where life's down and outs and left overs of society were securely hidden away as this was actually essentially a lunatic asylum and lunatics of course could not have their freedom. A ray of of sunlight shone through the barred window above Terry's bed was like a lonesome forlorn light of hope that there was a free world outside if only for some. After a small bout of chain smoking Terry lay back on his made up bed with his pillow propping up his head and contemplated aimlessly another day and what he become he felt deep down his useless existence. His thought pattern wandered far away from his present locked up environment to when he had another life out there in the free world and he had been an actual average every day person.

    He thought of the creamy head of a pint of draught Guinness and how when the barperson let it stand the the milky white foam swirling until it was replaced by the liquid black elixir and the creamy head rested with magnetic majestic allure.