Chapter 14

—Alicia—

Harry and I sat across from each other with the flickering candle between us. The flame was warming my bare legs and it felt nice. Harry's green eyes were locked on the flame which was dancing. His eyes seemed to glow, from green to fiery green, and they held a twinkle. It was a nice sight; did he know I was checking him? Crap, I didn't even know myself.

"You have nice eyes," Harry broke the silence. I look up at him response but he's starting at the flame, I didn't know what to say. "Your blue eyes are very pretty," Harry continued, I was totally off guard, "the flame brings out the green tint in your eyes."

I pursed my lips together, I didn't know what to say, so I kept quiet and Harry didn't say anything. My hair was still damp so I buried a few ringlets behind my ear. I exhaled and the flame moved quickly, like it was going to dowse away with my breath. So very slowly I kept breathing, it felt like I couldn't breathe. So I wanted to take long deep breathes and clean out my lungs, but then the flame would go out then. My eyes felt heavy and they kept drooping, I snap them at the right moment when I caught myself and Harry was starting at me.

"Sleep," he said and jerked his chin to the mattress on the floor. I shake my head. "Sleep," he says again.

"N—"

"Hush and sleep," Harry said, his voice taking on a demand. Quickly, Harry dissolved and Nic had taken place. I jerk my head quickly and quickly stand up, and stumble. I look up and Nick's looking back, I duck my head down and practically run for the mattress. I tuck my bare exposed legs on, bringing them up to my stomach and shut my eyes.

"Alic—"

"I'm sleeping," I answer quickly and then I realized I sounded like I was half crazy. My voice held an edge.

Nick doesn't answer so I knew it was safe to open my eyes. I peek a little and Nick is gone and Harry is there, his legs crossed, and swiping his finger through the flame. What? I blink several times, hoping Nick would come back but it was Harry starting contently at the flame. And then I knew I was losing it.

"Sit down if you move again I'll beat the shit outta you!"

I look up at him in alarm and cry in silence. He storms up at me and I push my back to the couch and tears flow down my cheeks. "Quit crying, why do you always make me shout at you!"

I gasp as the eyes probe into my soul and I could feel it inking and becoming dark, just with his glare. I try to shut my mouth, but I can't help it, I sob. "How could you leave me and love him?" I stare up at horror as he looks down at me, I was quivering with tears. He bent down and cocked his head to the side, "What's the matter Alicia?" And then he yelled in my ear, making me jump and cry even harder. "AM I TOO LOUD FOR YOU?"

I shake my head and I give out a cry, more like a scream. "You're gonna hear me out this time bitch," he spats at my face as I scream. "You know at first," he said all over my face, as I tried to shrink. "I was like you're going to throw me out, it's alright. And then I saw you with him..." He suddenly stopped. "Are you out of your god damn mind?" He stuck a finger in my temple and I cried in pain.

He pulled back and sharply turned around and then to me with his arms stretched wide. "This house.." he began, "the couch, the TV, it's all mine!" With his arm he pushed over a cabinet and peered at me. I moved myself away from him and fell to the floor. He peered down at me and gripped my upper arm tight. "C'mon, going for a ride, and you'll seat in front."

I tried to recoil and ferociously tried to move his arm away, "No please!" I cried. "We can't go!"

"Don't worry," he said happily and looked down at me. "We'll be back, wait I will; you'll be in the trunk."