The Purple Princess

• Dedicated to Stephen B

Chapter one

Fairy tales she read to me always made me feel happy. They were a gateway to a life that was better then mine. They made me so happy I made up my own world. It's constantly growing with me, and it will never go away.

But one day, something happened. It was bad, really really bad... She was gone. The only good thing in my life had disappeared, I couldn't find her anywhere, she mustn't have wanted to be here anymore...

My world didn't like that she was gone, it wanted to be with her forever. So the minute I turned six, I wanted to go where mama said she went. So my brain would be my friend again. And I would be happy, forever and ever. I wanted to let go, and I wanted to be free. Like she did, and she wanted me to be with her too. She whispered to me in my sleep, she would like me to play with me again. She really wanted to be my friend, she wanted to play again.

And so did I.

I always like to play games, I want to play hide and seek. Do you want to play too? Do you want to be my friend? Because she said you wanted to be my friend, and I would like that very much, thank you. We can play what ever you want, I like every game in the world!

Why aren't you talking to me? Did I do something wrong...?

She said you don't want to be my friend after all. Tell me the truth, do you like me a little?

Why do you ignore me?! I don't want to be alone...I want friends, am I really that different from you? D...O...N...T...L...E...A...V...E...M...E...P...L...E...A...S...E!