Chapter 38 - Visions

Bold Font - Time/Location

Italic Font - Thoughts

It was cold. The only light in the forest that Crane's and Ruby's team were sleeping in was that of the moon. The clones were sleeping on various trees and rocks they could find, not bothering to take off their armor. Crane was bundled up in his dirty, slightly ripped, worn-out robe. Suddenly he started twitching and shaking for brief intervals in his sleep. Visions of the attack on Beacon, the hyperspace jump that crashed the Shadow Hand on Remnant, the Separatists attacking the the ship in orbit, and the battle with Cinder filled Crane's slumber.

Clone officer: "Commander Crane, please report to the bridge. Repeat, Commander Crane to the bridge."

Cross: "Let's get working people! It's nothing you haven't seen before, so let's do something about it!"

Blue Four: "This is Blue Four, Blues Two and Three, fall into defensive position!"

Blue Three: "Roger! Blue Three, in position!"

Blue Four: "Blue Two, what's your status? Blue Two, come in! Someone answer me, dammit!"

Blue Four: "We're hit, what's going---?!"

Officer: "The navicomputer has been hit! The calculation data is corrupted!"

Cross: "If we go into hyperspace, it's all over!"

Officer: "The reactor is overheating, I can't shut it down!"

Cross: "They're right on us sir! Sixteen hundred meters and closing!"

Officer: "Sir, they're coming right at us!"

Cross: "Evasive action! Hard to starboard! Brace for impact!"

Cross: "Casualty reports coming in from all over the ship! Shields, communications, engines, and the auxiliary generators have all been destroyed! We've got breaches on decks three, four, and five! The emergency bulkheads are in place but I don't know how much longer they'll hold!"

Helmsman: "Sir, we're caught in Remnant's gravitational pull! Unless we get our engines and shields back online, we'll be incinerated during reentry!"

Cinder: "Ah...you must be the one I've heard so much about."

Cinder: "So you want to die too? Well then, let's not waste any time."

The visions to follow after were unfamiliar to Crane. They were images of Pyrrha's death by Cinder, a dark and powerful robed figure standing in the middle of the Republic Senate building, a bright green light consuming Remnant, and the Jedi Temple being...attacked by clones? The final display was a dark cloud from the ashes of the Jedi Temple that formed the outline of a menacing, black, samurai-styled helmet with red eyes that had a raspy inhale and exhale echoing from it. Crane began hearing a faint and feminine voice, but he couldn't make it whatever the person was saying.

???: "Crane...?"

Crane was hyperventilating at this point, twitching and turning more aggressively in his sleep. The voice began to get louder.

Ruby: "Crane?!"

Crane shot up with a gasp from his sleeping position, drenched in sweat. Ruby was on her knees next to him, one arm behind his back and the other on his left hand.

Ruby: "It's okay! It's just me."

Crane took a moment to analyze his surroundings to confirm he was safe. After a few seconds of shock and more hyperventilation, he wiped the sweat from his forehead and rested his face within the palms of his hands, releasing a heavy sigh of exhaustion and relief. After a moment of silence, Ruby tried to find out what was wrong.