Prologue

"Well, Mother has said that there's, um, there's always room for you with us." Tewkesbury said, looking hopeful.

"Your mother clearly hasn't spent enough time with me." I said in a teasing manner.

"And...if it was I, that asked you to stay?" Tewkesbury asked, serious in tone.

I was startled. I considered it, did I want to stay around him? "...A kind offer, but one I must refuse." I said, feeling guilty as I looked down. I looked at Tewkesbury and saw how my words had affected him. Slowly, I reached up and covered his hand with mine. 

Tewkesbury looked at me in shock and sadness. "How will I...? When will I see you again?" He said, his breaking voice tearing at my heart. 

"You're not rid of me yet, Viscount Tewkesbury, Marquess of Basilwether." I said, smiling after saying his full title. 

Tewkesbury smiled at me, then took my hand that was covering his and brought it to his lips in a gentle kiss. My mind was reeling. I leaned against the bars that separated us, closing my eyes as I reveled in my last few moments with him before removing my hand from his.

I walked off onto the streets of London, looking back one last time to see him smile as a single tear rolled down his cheek.

---------------------

This was a recap of the last goodbye between Enola and Tewkesbury in the movie from Enola's point of view and what I thought she was feeling during this. The next chapter will be the beginning of the current story. All ideas are original, the characters belong to Legendary Pictures Digital PCMA Productions and Nancy Springer's original series.

The picture at the top is in the movie, appearing for only a split second. Comment below if you found it. Hope you enjoy!

~Jen