014 | late night

:: AEJI

:: AEJI

It's time for practice again and this time, I decided to take some help from my new friends Kai and Lua. I want to challenge myself a little bit so I asked Kai and Lua to help me by shooting earth blocks at me and then I will try to avoid, break or shoot back as much as possible. My goal is to not be hit by any of the blocks Kai and Lua are shooting at me.

We were standing outside behind the academy building to do our practice. Kai and Lua were standing a couple of meters away from me, I looked at both of them in their eyes before I nodded, a sign for them to start.

In sync, Kai and Lua created a long pole in front of them and quickly started to shoot cube shaped pieces of the pole towards me. Even though both Kai and Lua shoot multiple blocks at the same, I am still able to avoid them all. My body was so focused on every single move I made while my eyes kept a narrow sight at the blocks that were being shooted at me.

After a few minutes when the pole had almost disappeared, Kai and Lua stopped. I looked at them with a chuckle since both of them looked more exhausted and tired than me. I decided to go and grab my water bottle but when I turned around I suddenly got greeted by Jake a few meters away, holding my water bottle.

"Jake? What are you doing here?" I asked with a smile.

"I was walking nearby and decided to pass by to see how you're doing" Jake answered while giving me my water bottle with a smile on his face.

"And because I wanted to make sure you don't kill anyone.." He added while scratching his neck.

"Riki said exactly the same thing yesterday, what are you two thinking of me?" I responded while I let out a small laugh.

"I understand the handsome boy though since you basically killed us yesterday after the one-to-one battle" Kai suddenly said and Lua nodded.

Listening to Jake's and Kai's words about me made me just shrug while I drank my water. Sounds like everyone around me has a more perspective about my abilities, strength and power than I do.

"But Aeji.. I don't have anything to do later today, so.. Should we do something?" Jake asked me while his cheeks started to become slightly more pink for every word he said.

"I would love to" I answered with a smile.

"I will pick you up later today then" Jake replied.

Me and Jake continued to hold eye contact for a couple of seconds before until the both of us felt the shyness inside of us appearing more and more so we broke the eye contact and just chuckled instead.

Jake looked at me one last time before he slowly started to walk away. Jake kept his eyes at me while walking backwards, he gave me one more smile before he turned around. My eyes kept following Jake until he disappeared around the corner.

"Who was that?" Lua suddenly asked and looked at me with widened eyes.

"My best friend Jake" I answered and I couldn't help but smile while I talked.

"Are you sure he's just your best friend?" Lua replied.

"Not sure about that to be honest.." I said while keeping the smile on my face, but it became bigger.

🌥️

The night has arrived in Ba Sing Se and me and Jake are currently walking outside in the streets of the middle ring. We kept stealing glances at each other as we felt how our hands were constantly bumping into each other as we walked.

After a few more minutes of walking, we arrived at our destination which is a restaurang. We got greeted by one of the staff who showed us our table. We sat down at our assigned table which is on their outdoor seating.

"Jake?" I said.

"I'm just wondering.. What do you think or how do you see.. How's it going for you and the other Water Tribe in the lower ring? The majority of the population lives in the lower ring so it must be so difficult to cure everyone" I added, pretending I wasn't ordinally planning on asking another question.

"It's going well. It is a little difficult but I love to challenge myself a little bit so I don't have much to complain about" Jake replied.

"But you Aeji.. You were going to ask another question right?" Jake asked while he looked at me with a smirk.

"No I wasn't.. I just didn't know how I wanted to ask my question.." I answered a bit puzzled after hearing Jake's question.

Jake looked at me with a smile while I continued to feel puzzled. He definitely knows what I was supposed to say, right? Fortunately, one of the staff entered to ask us if we wanted to order and basically saved me a little bit from this situation..

Me and Jake ordered and then the staff left us alone again. I looked at Jake who was still looking at me with that smile, the killing smile if I should be more specific. Making eye contact with Jake while he has his killing smile never fails to make me embarrassed because I can feel how much I blush.

"Aeji.." Jake said.

Jake slowly moved his hand closer to me to hold my mind. Our fingers intertwined while they were moving down on the table slowly. Jake started to rub his thumb against my hand and played a little with it as well. He knows how you make the butterflies in my stomach lively.

"You're seriously so cute, cuter than otter penguins" Jake replied which made the both of us giggle after Jake said my similarity with otter penguins.

"I remember when me, you and Riki spontaneously flew all the way down to the southern Water Tribe just to go penguin sledding. We spent hours sledding down the mountains with the otter penguins and competed against each other" I said.

"Time flies by so fast and we're growing up so fast too" Jake said and flashed a smile after thinking back at our shared childhood memories.

"Let's never grow up" I responded.

Jake nodded while he continued to play with my hand. He slowly lifted it up and placed a kiss on it before putting it down on the table again. The butterflies in my stomach have never been this lively before. This shows how much I like Jake since he has always made me feel weak but in a good way of course.

I think it's definitely confirmed now that I like Jake.

━━━━━━━༺༻━━━━━━━
i'm only giving you one chapter this
time but i hope it's fine :) <3