019 | hidden technique

:: AEJI

:: AEJI

Remember the practice I had a few days ago when Kai and Lua shoot earth blocks at me and I was going to avoid, block or shoot back as many as possible? I'm going to do the same thing today but it's going to have a little twist..

Me and Master Jiho, along with Teacher Haji decided to have our own private practice and Teacher Haji suggested a new challenge to me. I told him about the practice I had with Kai and Lua and since he really liked the layout, Teacher Haji wanted me to do it again but it's going to look a little different.

And when I say it's going to look a little different, then I mean it's going to look a little different since I'm not going to be able to see at all.

"Are you sure about this?" I asked Teacher Haji while he covered my eyes with a piece of fabric.

"I wouldn't let you do something like this if I wasn't sure" Teacher Haji answered with a chuckle.

Teacher Haji quickly walked away from me after the piece of fabric was stable around my head. I kept my eyes closed even though my vision was already covered with darkness. Keeping my eyes closed makes it easier for me to focus on my hidden sense, or hidden technique which Teacher Haji likes to call it.

I suddenly felt how four columns were created around me, one in front of me, behind, left and right. Teacher Haji is standing in between the columns behind me and to the one to the left while Master Jiho is standing in between the one in front of me and to the right.

Something was coming towards me to my left with speed. I immediately reacted and swung my leg towards the direction which made me kick the circle formed earth block so it broke down. Not even a second later, two blocks were coming towards me to the side. I reached out both of my arms to the side which made me break down these two earth blocks as well.

And that's how it continued to look like. Teacher Haji and Master Jiho continued to shoot their earth blocks at me one by one, and always multiple blocks at the same time to step up the degree of difficulty. 

Then suddenly in the middle of everything, it stopped. With a lot of confusion, I took off the piece of fabric from my eyes so my vision isn't blocked anymore. My eyes looked up and saw Master Jiho walking towards me with a smile on his face while giving me a applause. I turned around my head so I could look at Teacher Haji who also was looking at me with a smile, a very wide one.

"I must say, I'm really impressed by you Aeji" Master Jiho said while he continued to hold the smile on his face.

"Thank you so much Master Jiho" I replied with a wide smile.

"I'm really curious, how did you discover this technique?" Master Jiho asked.

"As you know earthbending is learned from the badgermoles and for me, that meaning hits different since I discovered and found out about this technique from the badgermoles. Instead of seeing with eyes like us, badgermoles use their feets to see since they're blind" I began explaining.