022 | jay meets jake

:: JAY

:: JAY

Do you want to know one of the things that bothers me the most? Being annoyed by something and you don't know why. And in case it's not obvious, yes I am for some reason so bothered by the fact that I saw Jake and Aeji kiss yesterday.

The whole scene can't stop playing in my mind and I hate it since it bothers me so much which makes me so pissed off. When I first saw their kiss, it almost felt like I got stabbed in my chest or something which I don't know either why I felt that.

What is Aeji seriously doing to me? I have been acting so weird since the day I met her.. And also, I am quite interested in that Jake guy, I want to know a bit more about him. I already know Jake is from the northern Water Tribe and he's a well known healer, especially in the North Pole. But that information is not enough for me.

"Welcome!" A woman said when I stepped into the building.

"How can we help you?" She asked me.

"Um.. I'm not sure if I can just drop in like this, but I would like to get rid of a scar" I answered. To be honest, I have wanted to get rid of this scar since I got it but never received the opportunity until now

"What kind of scar is it?" The woman replied.

"It's like a permanent scar. I received it many years ago but it still hasn't disappeared from me" I said.

"Please take a seat and then I will let you know when it's your turn" The woman said and smiled.

I bowed and then took a seat in the waiting room. The waiting room was filled with poor and dirty lower ring kids and adults, a prince don't belong in an environment like this. After only a few more seconds I saw Jake entering the waiting room. It's time for me to get into acting mode.

I waited for the right timing and then stood up from my seat and started to walk a few steps forwards, which caused me to bump into Jake.

"I'm sor.." Jake started apologizing but then stopped after seeing my face.

"Is there anything wrong?" I asked after having Jake's blue eyes staring at me for a couple seconds.

"You look very familiar but I don't know where I have seen you" Jake answered and chuckled at the end.

"I hear that often" I replied while I formed a small grin on my lips.

"But I am sure I have seen you somewhere really recently. Wait a minute.. Do you perhaps know Aeji from Huijang?" Jake asked.

"Yes I do know her, why?" I asked back.

"Um, just curious. She's a very close friend of mine, so.." Jake answered while scratching his neck and chuckling nervously.

A close friend of his? It's more than just a close friend in my eyes but sure.

"Jake? Do you perhaps have time to help this young man?" The woman suddenly interrupted our conversation.

"What do you need help with?" Jake asked me.

"I want help with a scar that I want to get rid of" I answered.

"I can help you with that, it's not going to take so much time to fix" Jake said and smiled at me.

I smiled back at him and then followed him further inside the building. We passed by a few rooms until we arrived at Jake's work space room. I sat down on a chair that was placed in the middle of the room meanwhile Jake started to prepare the water.

"What kind of scar is it?" Jake asked while preparing the water.

"It's a quite big scar.." I answered while I kept my head down due to all the memories that's started playing in my head.

"How did you receive it?" Jake asked again.

"Because of a firebender" I answered.

I looked up again and saw Jake staring at me with wide eyes. He looked at me for a few more seconds until he walked up to me with a big bowl of water.

"I'm sorry if I'm asking too many questions but, what happened?" Jake asked and sat down next to me.

"It's a day I don't want to remember.. I was caught up in a fight against a firebender. I was just a kid during that time but that firebender didn't care about it at all. I don't want to use too much detail but, the firebender used lighting at me which caused me to have this giant scar all over my entire back" I said.

It was during that day my entire world changed, the day my father used lightning at me, at his own son. Having this scar all over my back reminds me what my father thinks of me, a failure, embarrassment and disappointment. Fortunately is the scar on my back which makes it difficult for me to see it, but that doesn't stop me from being haunted and insecure from it.

"Thank you for sharing that with me, you're very strong for both telling me and for experiencing something like that" Jake said while placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Thank you" I replied while I slowly formed a little smile on my lips.

"So let's get rid of this scar, shouldn't we?" Jake asked while smiling back.

I nodded back at him while keeping the smile on my face. I slowly removed the shirt from me, revealing my giant and long scar over my back. Jake once again became quiet and stared at me before he started to move again. He got up from his seat and walked over to a cabinet to get something.

Jake searched around in the cabinet for a few seconds until he came back. He was holding a long necklace with a long shaped diamond figure on it in his hand. Now it was my turn to stare at Jake since I didn't really understand what was going on.

"This is special water from the North Pole. This water comes from the most spiritual place so it has some magical powers" Jake explained.

Jake then held out the water on his hand, making it float and shine bright before placing it all over my back and started to spread it out over my scar. It's hard to describe how it feels like to be healed but, one thing for sure is that Jake didn't lie when he said the water has magical powers.

"How do you know Aeji?" I suddenly decided to ask out of curiosity.

"We have known each other since childhood. We met through a mutual friend who kind of introduced us to each other . The three of us have been inseparable ever since then but, I guess me and Aeji formed another kind of connection to each other" Jake answered.

"What kind of connection?" I replied.

"It's a bit hard to describe but.. Aeji is just something special and precious to me. She's a person that's very loved, like it's impossible to dislike Aeji. And I honestly can be quite jealous and pissed off whenever someone is talking to her since she's my favorite person and I don't want anyone to talk to my favorite person" Jake said and let out a small laugh at the end.

Seems like I'm not the only one who finds Aeji special. I didn't really expect to have this conversation with Jake and especially about my father but speaking with him made me really happy to be honest.

Jake is a great guy and I understand why Aeji loves him..