Eat

"What do you want to be if you grow up, James?" Asked my classmate Fred.

"I want to become a soldier. Someone that handles a rifle and kills those useless terrorists" said I proudly.

"Nice but that's not an easy job. You die and everyone cries," chuckled he, trying to discomfort me.

"You're right there. At least, I am capable of saving my country. Look. I don't have defective eyes, little hands, and AIDS. I am healthy and capable of being a soldier. Dying may be an option but patriotism is suited for me," said I.

"You talk so weirdly about your ambitions. Anyways, would you eat anything as long as you survive?" Asked him suddenly.

"What do you mean?" Asked I.

"If you are imprisoned, or maybe helpless, like being trapped or anything else. Would you eat anything as long as you survive?" Asked Fred.

This time, our conversation looks dark and deeper as I can see the ruthlessness behind his eyes.

"Uhm, can we just take a break, uhm, I'm getting hungry though," lied I to stop the conversation.

I stood up from my seat and walked away, leaving Fred sitting in his armchair staring at me.

I sighed. It was a relief. Seems like telling your ambitions openly to someone makes them jealous and they are willing to put you down so that you can't achieve them. Yet I am strong. I believe I am and I am capable of outlasting every challenge I ever faced.

My determination made me immediately enroll in the nearest military college to finish a four-year course. I made it, completely making myself proud for I can finally serve my country.

As a cadet, everything is difficult but dedication reminds me, that one day everything will be possible until I became a private and finally, a specialist.

It got me more excited when I was informed that I am assigned to a squad in Botswana to capture a high-profile terrorist.

My fellow soldiers, were Alan, Roy, Benny, and Kirk, all ranked as specialist. As the plane was above Botswana, we then left by parachuting until we landed safely on the riverside. Armed, we headed to a neutral site with our AK-47 rifles and stayed there to wait for the other back-ups to arrive. After an hour, they did arrive which is a total of twelve U.S. soldiers assigned to capture the target.

At 2:00 sharp in midnight, the first six soldiers ambushed the camp of the enemies, and I was one of them, while the other six stayed behind and did the task of marksmanship. We completely killed all the guards around until we faced the office of the target. Everyone stepped aside from the closed door and counted for three until Kirk kicked it hard, opening it and then facing the muzzles inside.

A man looked at us and he was the target we'd been looking for. Unexpectedly, he removed his face and realized that it was just an impostor wearing a prosthetic mask. We made ourselves stunned after realizing that we had fallen into their bait. Coincidentally, the ground that we are standing on right now is sand and seven men rose from it, killing my comrades with multiple stabs in their bodies with their knives except me as I jumped inside the room, closed and locked the door. The impostor leaped at me, at the same time, charging the knife but luckily, I shot him first, killing him and making his attempt fail. However, my comrades outside were all dead as I do hear their deathly groans and the enemies didn't stop shooting their bullets in the room.

Without any further ado, I made the table lie down and hid behind it. The glasses from the windows keep flying around with the bullets and all I can hear was the enormous fire rates of the rifles outside.