037 | causing problems

:: AEJI

:: AEJI

What if someone would tell me earlier this morning that I would renew my bond with Prince Jay today.. I do kinda wish that happened because I would like to see my own reaction to that.

But honestly.. Am I forgiving Prince Jay too easily? Why am I even asking that question when it's obvious that I'm forgiving him too easily. However, am I a person who follows my heart more than my brain and just like this case, I followed my heart even if my brain wanted to make the opposite decision.

"But you Prince Jay.. I know I have asked you this question before but what about your mom? You're always talking about your father and how much he has affected you throughout your life, but never something about your mother" I suddenly said.

Prince Jay was opening up more about the relationship between him and his father since the day he came back from Ba Sing Se. Listening to Prince Jay's story about his father suddenly reminded me of another story Teacher Haji told me back in Ba Sing Se.

"You have told me that your mother suddenly disappeared when you're young so you barely remember her but.. I think I know what happened to her" I replied.

Prince Jay is looking at me with a confused expression while his eyes tell me to continue to talk about my theory.

"Teacher Haji once told me about his first love. Their love was forbidden but it didn't stop them from seeing each other because they were deeply in love and the whole forbidden love thing was exciting for them. However, she suddenly disappeared one day" I said.

"I know my mother also disappeared but it can just be a coincidence" Prince Jay responded.

"It's not a coincidence Prince Jay. Not only did Teacher Haji's first love suddenly disappear just like your mother, their love was forbidden because she already belonged to someone with hate, war and violence in his blood" I replied.

"I think your mother is Teacher Haji's first love Jeha" I added.

I left the prince speechless after I ended my last few words of the theory about his mother. The whole theory makes sense, Jeha has to be Prince Jay's mother, it can't be just a coincidence.

And just by looking at Prince Jay's facial expressions tells me that I am right..

"That's why my father called my mother horrible, awful and fake, because she was in love with someone else. It was an arranged marriage.." Prince Jay said.

"I'm sorry Prince Jay" I replied even if I know my apolizige is not going to help at all.

"Don't feel sorry Aeji. You have only helped me by giving me this information. For each day that goes by, I receive another reason to hate my own father" Prince Jay responded.

"I also think it's time for you to drop the formalities. It feels weird to hear you kept calling me Prince Jay after all this time we spent together" Prince Jay added while chuckling.

"Okay J-jay.." I said and let out a small laugh in the end.

A loud noise from the door suddenly caught both mine and Jay's attention. We both looked at the door that was open and a guard walked into the cell.

"It's time to go outside" The guard said.

I looked at the guard confused and then at Jay who was already standing up and ready to leave. I followed Jay and the both of us left the cell along with the guard. Me and Jay didn't even spend 24 hours inside the cell and were already ordered to go outside again?

Why was even me and Jay put inside the same cell in the first place?

We arrived outside again and immediately gained attention from the rest of the prisoners. It was Jay who gained all the attention from the prisoners, because why would the Fire Nation prince be here, dressed up in the same red colored clothes as us?

"I understand now why my father put me here instead of the Capital City Prison. He wants me to feel embarrassed by gaining attention like this. I mean, why would a prince betray his own nation?" Jay whispered.

"My father knows who you are and definitely knows you're a prisoner here as well, but it didn't stop him from transferring me here. My father's plan is to mark my name as a traitor in the history books, but I might have another plan.." Jay added.

I looked at Jay confused while he looked down at me with a smirk on his lips, making me more confused. Jay grabbed my wrist and ran further into the yard with me following behind. We stopped when we had arrived somewhere in the middle of the yard.

I spotted Yein inside the crowd. Her eyes are a mix of sadness and anger while looking at me while my eyes are only pure embarrassment. I treated Yein like trash for being a citizen of the Fire Nation and here I am standing next to the Fire Nation prince himself.

"Prisoners on the Boiling Rock!" Jay suddenly yelled out, gaining more attention than before.

"What are you doing Jay? You're going to cause problem" I said worriedly.

"Don't worry Aeji, I know what I'm doing" Jay replied.

I don't think Jay truly knows what he's doing. Whatever Jay is planning to do is going to cause problems in some sort of way. We're at the Boiling Rock, what else am I supposed to expect?

"My name is Prince Jay, son of the Fire Lord Sejo. That's right, the Fire Lord's own son is locked up here. Throughout my life have I been manipulated by my father, the same man who killed his wife and my mother, and now wants to rule the world by extinct the air nomads, waterbenders and earthbenders. My father has received a lot of support for his new ideal-world, and I used to be one of them until I realized something.." Jay said.

"If we lose the existence of the four nations.. That means I'm going to lose the love of my life" He added.

My eyes widened. I must have misheard something, Jay can't still be in love with me. I thought his feelings had faded or they never existed at all, but I was wrong.

"What I'm trying to say is, we need to get out of here. We need to get out of here and stop my father from creating his ideal-world.." Jay continued his speech.

My eyes fell down from Jay in a short second, but it was enough for me to see a couple of guards running towards us. I automatically grabbed Jays' wrist while he was busy in his speech and started to run for my life. We ran back inside again and our feets were dragged to our cell.

We ran inside the cell and Jay immediately closed the door behind him as soon as he stepped inside. The guards started to arrive one by one and looked at us with a smirk through the small window on the door.

"Enjoy the rest of your lives here lovebirds" One of the guards said while he hold the smirk on his face while he spoke.