040 | father vs son

:: JAY

:: JAY

I'm looking at the horizon, seeing the Royal Palace slowly appear. I can't believe this is happening. Just standing up against my father in the first place still feels unbelieve, but now I'm on my way to defeat him.

But, what if I don't? What if I don't succeed in defeating him and the world turns into my fathers dream world. My fathers skills in firebending are not unknown to me, the chance of me losing is high..

"What's wrong Jay?" Aeji suddenly appeared next to me.

"I'm scared" I said.

"What if I don't succeed? What if my fathers win? I have the whole world's fate in my hands, I am responsible for the world's future and fate. If I fail, everything is going to be my fault because I'm the one who's responsible" I added.

"Don't think like that. Whatever happens, you have done your best and that's what matter. You're not the only one who's holding the world's fate in your hands, I share the same amount of responsibility as you" Aeji replied.

"No matter how the future is going to look like, I'm always going to be proud of you and I hope you're going to feel the same" Aeji said while she formed a smile on her lips and placed her hand on my back.

I smiled back at her before I wrapped my arms around her torso. I pulled Aeji as close to me as I could, probably making it a little bit hard for her to breathe. Having Aeji by my side in a situation like this is very meaningful to me. 

I have always felt so comfortable around her, that's why I have been able to tell Aeji all these things about me because I know she won't judge me. It was just something about her, something that made me feel so comfortable around her and then I ended up falling in love..

"We have arrived" Jun suddenly said.

Me and Aeji slowly let go of each other and looked at the view in front of us, the Royal Palace. Every inch we moved made my breath heavier and heavier. A hand was suddenly placed in mine, I looked down and saw Aeji interlocking her fingers with mine.

I looked up at Aeji again who was paying all her attention at our destination. Just based on Aeji's facial expression and body language, I can tell she's also very nervous and stressed. I held her hand tighter and hoping that I can be a stress reliever for me just like she is to me right now.

The air balloon slowly touched the ground and the three of us quickly got off and started to head inside. There are a lot of massive air balloons around us right now, which means my father is definitely planning to take off any time soon.

"Prince Jay?" A very familiar voice appeared.

I automatically turned around and saw my father walking down from one of the massive air balloons. He definitely never expected to see me again, at least not outside the zone of the Boiling Rock. Only by looking at my fathers face made my confident dominant and the nervosity I felt a second ago disappeared in a blink of an eye.