041 | a new era

:: AEJI

:: AEJI

Jay and I have spent a lot of time with each other lately. We didn't really have a choice but to constantly spend time with each other when we were prisoners at the Boiling Rock, but now we do have a choice and we still choose to constantly spend time with each other.

But none of us seems to complain about it, it was just so natural for us to keep spending time with each other. There's a lot of things Jay needs to handle and fix now when he's about to take over the title as fire lord soon, and I have always been the first option when it comes to help but also company.

I always ask Jay why he always asks me for help or for company and not Jun, but I have never received a proper answer. Even though I either see or talk with Jay every second, I always found myself acting differently on the inside. It feels like butterflies immediately appear in my stomach and I can't help but smile everytime I look at him.   

What if I could travel back in time and tell myself that I fell in love with a firebender..

"How do I look?" Jay suddenly asked.

I looked up at Jay who was standing in front of me with a traditional Fire Nation uniform. The traditional Fire Nation uniform is different from the uniform he's normally wearing. The traditional uniform is more sharp, classy, stylish and elegant.

"You look good.. As always.." I answered, feeling the shyness taking over me.

"You also look good, as always" Jay replied while forming a smile on his face.

"Red looks good on you too" Jay added.

"It's your coronation today, of course I need to dress up a little" I said and let out a chuckle in the end. 

It's been a while since I was home, so I feel kinda used to wearing Fire Nation style clothes now. It's actually going to feel a little bit weird when I go back to my normal Earth Kingdom styled clothes now when I'm so used to wear red.

"Are you nervous about your coronation?" I asked to change the conversation subject.

"I am. Soon I'm about to be the youngest Fire Lord in the Fire Nation history, and there's a lot of challenges I need to face. The biggest challenge is going to be the reaction from the Fire Nation. I have always had a complicated relationship with the population of the Fire Nation" Jay answered.

"The population of the Fire Nation loved my father, meanwhile I have always been nothing to them. What am I supposed to do if no one wants me as their fire lord?" Jay added.

"You need to prove to them that you deserve the title as the fire lord, because you really deserve it" I replied as I stood up and placed myself in front of Jay. 

"And I also have something to prove to you.." I added.

Jay looked at me a little confused. I placed my hands around Jay's neck as he placed his hands on my waist. The both of us stood there and looked at each other with smiles on our faces before our heads started to move towards each other. I slowly closed my eyes as I tilted my head and let my lips meet Jay's.

I let the kiss go deeper as I wrapped my arms around Jay's neck while he wrapped his arms around my waist. Jay pulled me closer to him, not letting an inch separate us from each other. I slowly moved away from Jay's lips as I felt how I was started to levitate from the ground.

Me and Jay immediately started to blush as soon as our eyes met again.

"Jay it's tim.." A voice suddenly appeared.

We looked over at the door and saw Jun standing in the doorway a little shocked. Why is it always Jun who needs to come in whenever something like this is happening between me and Jay?

"It's time" Jun said and flashed a smile before he closed the door.

"Are you ready?" Jay asked me after Jun closed the door.

I nodded and Jay smiled back and then kissed my forehead before he slided down his hand in mine and the both of us started to walk out together. We opened the door which led outdoors, a long red and gold carpet was laid out in front of us which took us to the population of the Fire Nation.

Everyone cheered and screamed as soon as they saw us, the reaction neither Jay and I expected. I looked up at Jay with a smile before I headed over to Jun, leaving Jay alone in the spotlight. 

"My people, it makes me really happy to receive this reaction from everyone. I might be young and inexperienced with a lot of things, but after watching my fathers many mistakes he made as a fire lord, I'm sure I will be able to take the Fire Nation back on the right path again" Jay said.

"Our nation has been isolated for too long because of my father's mistakes. The Fire Nation might be strong and powerful by itself, but we're much stronger together with the rest of the nations, united as one" He added.

"A new era has arrived and as I said earlier, I might be young and inexperienced, but I'm sure I will be able to take the Fire Nation back on the right path again. It's an honour to be your new fire lord" Jay added.

Jay sat down on his knees and a man walked up behind him with a crown in hands. The man stopped walking when he was right behind Jay, and then slowly placed the crown on his head. The population once again started to cheer and scream, but it was much louder this time.

Jay stood up and looked over the crowd in front of him with a smile on his face. He then turned his head to the side to look at me and Jun, his biggest supporters.

"I'm so proud of him" I softly whispered to myself while I formed a wide smile on my face.

━━━━━━━༺༻━━━━━━━
after 41 chapters are they
finally dating <3.. lol