Chapter 1

Chapter One

Addys POV

"Addison! You're going to be late!" Mom calls. I quickly put on my shoes and dashed down the stairs.

"What are you going to do after highschol?" My da-father asks. I looked up him, his eyes glued on the newspaper.

"I don't know. Probably get a job." I mumbled, grabbing a few toasts and dashing through the door before they could even reply.

Ah, today starts the last year of highschool. I wonder how this will go. My father and I aren't that close. Well, we used to be. Not until he started focusing on work so he's rarely at home. Such a surprise really since he usually leaves before anyone else.

I start up my car that I got for my 17th birthday. It's been 2 years since I got this. A Toyota Camry ain't that bad. I started its engine, going out from the driveway and headed to the direction of the school. A song came in. 'Backyard Boy' plays as I pass the houses, humming its tune. The school was already in sight. I turned the steering wheel, getting into the parking lot.

"Addy!" A voice called as soon as I stepped out from the car.

"Missed me?" Jaiden throws herself to me, clinging on whatever her hands could get on.

"Nah, I don't." I smirked, pushing her a bit.

"Rude. This is why you don't have a boyfriend, Di."

"I told you, I don't need a boyfriend or a relationship, J." I grumbled, dismissing the topic.

"Oh come on. You'll find a hot guy soon. Trust me." She giggles, throwing me a volleyball.

"Isn't it too early to be practicing though?" I sigh, catching it instead of doing a receive. "Plus, we're in the parking lot."

"You're no fun." I put the ball away. We enter the school. The halls are packed and it's only what? 7:30?

"What?! First period is math!" Jaiden exclaims looking at her schedule. "Who does math so early in the morning?!"

"I got english. Are there classes that we're actually both in?" We take a peek on each others schedules only to groan right after.

"Great. We aren't atleast in one single class together."

"Oh? So you would actually miss me?"

"Not really. There are other people to talk to." She puts her hand on her chest, pretending to be hurt. "That hurts, Addy. Am I getting replaced by a bunch of nobodies? That's low."

She chuckles. The bell rang indicating for first period, "See you at break."

"Tell me if you happen to see some hot guys! Maybe one that could actually make you interested." She whispered and sprinted right after.

"Not happening!" I say as she sticks out her tounge at the end of the hallway.

I instantly found the classroom. Quietly slipping in. A few were already seated. The front row is already occupied for some reason. Usually, they don't want attention from the teacher. I guess it's different. The back row seems to be the wild west so middle row it is.