PROLOGUE

AUTUMN

He pushed me into the wall of his apartment and kissed me senselessly. I tried to push him away but he was too strong especially now that he was intoxicated.

This is wrong...

I was trying to push him away and make some sense of his already wasted self but he was too strong especially now that he was drunk. Somehow, I managed to push him away with all the strength that I could muster and broke the kiss. "Stop this. This is a mistake."

He looked at me. His clear blue eyes were glinting devilishly under the soft lights inside the living room of his apartment. "A mistake? I don't think so. Admit it you want me as much as I want you."

Kelan Creed. He was my best friend for as long as I remember. We were inseparable in high school and now we were in college we were taking the same course and did things together in terms of studies. Many had been raising eyebrows with our platonic relationship but we didn't pay them no mind since we were happy with our current status.

Ever since I was wary of men and their intention to me but with Kelan, I knew that I was safe and he would not take advantage of me until tonight.

Well, technically, he might take advantage of me tonight. Maybe he didn't even know who I am. Maybe he thought that I was one of the long lists of girls who lined up for his attention.

We were just got back from the house party our friends organized. It was your typical college party with lots of booze and making-out sessions from the people who wanted some action for the night. I have to take him home since he was already so drunk that he was now starting to attract attention to the other guests and I fear that he might start causing trouble which would lead him to trouble with the university.

"Come on," I said gently pushing him away completely but he didn't bulge in his place. "Take a shower and sleep. I need to go back to my dorm."

Instead of moving away, he rested his head on the crook of my neck. "Autumn..."

My heart skip a beat. I have to remember that he was just drunk and didn't know what he was talking about. "Snap it out, Kelan. I am not playing games with you."

"Who says we're playing games here?" He lifted his head and stared at me with those blue eyes gleaming dangerously. "I want you."

Before I could say anything he claimed my mouth once again. I stood still refusing to open my mouth and accept his kiss. The sane part of me knew that this was wrong. I couldn't risk ruining our friendship over sex. Besides, I didn't want to be part of his long list of women who graced his bed since he reached his teens.

Furthermore, Kelan's attention to his new fling was no longer to the attention span of a child. He already got tired of you way before you know it. But it was getting hard to think rationally when he was expertly seducing me like this.

The irrational part of my brain was getting the best of me. It kept on pushing me to give in to the temptation Kelan was offering me.

He broke the kiss slightly to allow us to catch our breaths. "I want you and I know that you want me to. Stop fighting it."

"We are making a mistake here." By now, I didn't know who I was convincing more with my words him or me. It was getting hard to resist him but I have to.

"No, we are not," he contradicted lightly, kissing my shoulder blade.

I took a deep breath. "If we sleep together. We cannot go back to the way we are before. We can't risk our friendship for lust."

"Nothing will change."

I looked doubtful but he didn't give me a chance to think twice and he scooped me off and he started walking in the direction of his bedroom. My heart was pounding like crazy when he carefully laid me on the bed.