19.My wife?

Author's POV

Next day

Dishika got up early and got ready for the day. Just as she was trying to tie the knot of her blouse, someone barged into the room startling her. Dishika immediately turned around to see what happened but was flabbergasted seeing her husband standing there in his morning glory. He had just returned from his morning work-out session. It wasn't any different in the case of Adhiraj either. Both stood rooted to their places. As if on cue, Adhiraj's mobile started to ring and both were back in their senses. Ahdiraj saw the caller id and cut the call and again turned to Dishika to tell her the reason as to why he barged in without knocking, not like he wanted to apologie.Before he could say anything Dishika spoke , seeing the anger in his eyes.

Dishika: Aapko kya hua? Aap itne gusse kyun hain ? Kuch hua kya? Waise bhi aapka ...

(What happened to you? Why are you angry? Did something happen? And by the way-)

Adhiraj interrupted her...

Adhiraj: Chup!! Ekdam chup !! kitna bolti ho? Mera pehle se hi dimag kharab ho rakha hai. mujhe aur irritate mat karo. To bas chup raho aur meri baat suno.

(Shut up!! Just shut up!! I am already pissed. Don't try to piss me even more. So just shut up and listen to me.)

Dishika just nodded her head and asked him to continue.

Adhiraj: Next week, there is an important charity event which I need to attend with my family. So you will also be attending it, which means, I will be introducing you to the world as MY WIFE. So be prepared.

Adhiraj was about to leave when he remembered Dishika trying to tie her knot. His heart and mind were debating over whether to help her or not and finally his mind won and went ahead to take a shower leaving Dishika in complete shock

Dishika's POV

Dishika(in mind): Did he just call me his wife? His wife? But what just happened? Uske liye mujh par itna gussa kyon nikala? Maine kya kiya?

(Why did he vent his anger on me for that? What did I do?)

Then I remembered that I had to go to the hospital and went back to tying the knot. After a good 3 minutes I finally was successful. Once I was done getting ready I went down for breakfast.

Her saree

Her saree

Dishika: Good morning everyone.
( I wished everyone with a big smile)

Everyone: Good morning.

I took the blessing of the elders for which they asked me not to be very formal around them.

Dadi Ma: Beta, kahan chala gaya tumhara patidev?

(Dear, where is your husband?)

Dishika: Dadi ma, vo office ke liye taiyaar ho rahe hain . main unka intezaar kar rahi thi lekin unhonne mujhe jakar khane ke liye kaha kyonki mujhe hospital jane ke liye late ho raha hai.

(Dadi ma, he is getting ready for office. I was waiting for him but he asked me to go ahead and have breakfast as I am getting late for hospital.)

Dadi ma: Theek hai beta. Tu kha le aur jaldi nikal. Patients wait kar rahe honge...par han achche se khana. ye kya sirf ek paratha liya hai Smita ek aur paratha laga de usko.

(Ok dear, you eat fast and then leave. Patients will be waiting for you then. But eat properly, why have you taken only one paratha..Smita, serve her one more paratha.)

Smita: Ji ma.

Dishika: No-no, I am full. Isse zyada aur nahi kha sakti main.

(I cannot eat more than this)

I tried denying them, but one glare from all the elders and I decided to eat quietly. Iwas overwhelmed by all their affection. Just as I was finishing,

Adhiraj: Good morning everyone.

Everyone except Dishika: Good morning.

Author's POV

Adhiraj came and took blessings from the male elders and dadi ma and kissed his mother, chachi and sister and went and sat at his place. All were looking when he realised they were expecting him to kiss his wife too. Dishika was about to get up when he pulled her back and gave a kiss on her forehead and let his lips linger there for a few more moments. Dishika was shocked, her face quickly turned into a deep shade of red. She looked at everyone only to find the elders smiling while younger Singhania Clan was hooting and whistling.

Then Dishika hurriedly got up and said her greetings and left from there. After reaching the hospital, she started going for rounds as she had an appointment only at 11a.m. onwards. The day went by and Dishika was leaving when she saw the receptionist and Adhiraj's secretary, Riya speaking loudly. They noticed her and started whispering to each other. Dishika found it odd but ignored it and left from there. Once she left, they started speaking normally.

Receptionist: Pata nhi job kaise mila isko. Lagta hai koi low-class family ki hai...

(Don't know how she got this job. She looks like she's from some low-class family.)

Riya: haan, waise he lagta hai. Tujhe pata hai ki Mr.Singhania ne apne-aap iss Dishika ko kaam dene ke liye kaha aur vo bhi qualifications bina dekhe.

(Yes, she looks like that only. You know, Mr.Singhania himself asked me to send the job acceptance letter to this Dishika without even seeing her qualifications.)

Receptionist: Hmm...for sure she would have seduced him. But how? He made the lives of those women who tried to seduce him 'living hell'...She is some fortunate b*tch.

Riya: Not that fortunate, but definitely a b*tch wh*ring around rich men. I even saw her laughing with Mr.Khurrana the other day. Just wait and watch what I am going to do to her...

Little did they know that someone was listening to them...

Dishika's POV

To say I was shocked and shattered would be an understatement. How could he?!

A while ago

When I went out, I went to the attendance machine to notify my leaving. Just then, I realised that I left my id in my cabin. Then I went back in when I heard those two talking about someone wrong. So, I decided to go and tell them to stop doing so when I heard my name. So they were talking about me. That was fine but what they said next...

Back to present

I then composed myself and went in to get my id. I just ignored them like I didn't hear anything. They saw me walking back in and then parted ways. I took my id and went home.

He has many things to answer today.
.
.
.
.
.
I was done with my dinner and got ready for bed and was waiting for him to come.
.
.
.
At 12:45a.m.

Author's POV

Dishika was dozing off when she heard the doorknob click. A tired looking Adhiraj came in and she might have felt a tad bit bad looking at him but that was just for a second.

Dishika: mujhe aapse kuch puchna tha

( I want to ask you something)

Adhiraj: main bahut tired hun abhi nahi kal baat karenge

( I am very tired right now. We'll talk tomorrow)

Adhiraj started moving towards the washroom when his steps halted as he heard her ...

Dishika: Care and Cure group of hospitals ke CEO aap hai ?

(Are you the CEO of the Care and Cure group of hospitals?)
.
.
.
..
.

.

Anddd that was today's chapter guys. Do let me know your thoughts about this in the comments. Like vote and comment. Until next time bbyeee 🩷