PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE:

8 YEARS AGO...

SAVANNAH

"I do."

I looked at the man in front of me with a big bright smile on my face while I gave my answer to the wedding officiate as this man and I stood at the altar holding hands as we wed in a private chapel in Vegas.

It had been an impromptu wedding and neither of our families was present to witness the occasion. It didn't matter though, we planned to have another ceremony with the attendance of family and friends to witness our love but for now, this would do. I couldn't wait to be this man's wife.

This was just supposed to be a weekend of fun in Vegas as we celebrated the completion of his Juris Doctor as he would soon prepare for the bar exam. Yep, my man would soon be a lawyer and I couldn't be more proud of him.

Levin Creed. I've known him for only six months and yet from the moment we met at the New York University grounds where my mother was a professor and that was it. I instantly fell hard on this handsome man with clear blue eyes and I would smugly believe that it was the same thing for him since we dated instantly since then. It started as a coffee date at the school cafeteria followed by lunch the following day and many more dates followed after.

Before I knew it, I was practically living in his apartment near the university while auditioning for Broadway. Now our weekend in Vegas turned out like this unexpectedly. I am not complaining. I am more than happy to marry him wearing a burlap sack. He was all that mattered to me, the love of my life. The man I unexpectedly met and fell for him instantly-- not just with his looks but his brilliant mind as well.

"...by the power vested in me, I pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Before I knew it the ceremony was over. I am now this man's wife. He stared at me with a pleased smile on his face. I could see love shining brightly in his eyes and that love was for me alone. He cradled my face in his hands and immediately closed my eyes to anticipate his kiss.

The touch of his lips on mine sent an electrifying sensation on my whole body, it felt like an electric current traveled on my whole body making my toes curl at the sensation. I heard the wedding officiate clear his throat and I realized that we were already making out in front of him. "It would be better to continue this in your hotel room instead of in the house of God."

I felt my cheeks heated with embarrassment and I was about to drag my new husband out of the chapel when he surprised me when he scooped me in his arms as we made our way out. But before getting out of the chapel we got our marriage certificate from the receptionist making sure that our union was legal.

"Isn't it only be fitting to carry my bride on the way out?" My husband asked with a mischievous grin on his face.

"I think it only applies if you carry me over the threshold," I commented demurely but still hooked my arms around his nape.

"Then I'll carry you until we reach our hotel room, baby."

I pretend to look scandalized while looking at him. "But our hotel is blocks away from here. You don't plan on carrying me like this in the street, right?"

He laughed, stealing another kiss on my mouth. "Of course not. We have our car outside, remember? I only plan to carry you like this once we enter the hotel. So people will know that you're finally mine, Savannah Everett."

Right. How could I forget that he hired a limo and it was still waiting for us outside?

"Savannah Creed now, Mister," I said proudly.