*** wolf ***

25th September 2006

      In fact, this date now represents not just one but three important events from your life (all of them were not from the same year, though). The first and foremost is it being the date of your birth here in this city, of course.

      You were the only daughter of Satyajit and Celeste Tagore and you were also quite possibly the most treasured thing in their lives. They would have even sacrificed their own lives for your own betterment, if there was ever a need for that, based on how much they loved you.

     Of course, all good parents somehow have that mindset indeed, don't they?

     What were you expecting?

******************

You interrupt me in the midst of my narration to tell me with an adorable frown, "What do you mean by that? I never said I was expecting anything..."

       I laugh softly with my fingers covering my lips. "No, no, I was just being a little sassy. Just like you, perhaps?"

      "You're not doing it right!"

      "Not like you necessarily remember how to do it right yourself at the moment, though."

      "Oh, just shut up and move on, please."

      "How exactly do you... 'shut up' and move on with a story, Silver?"

       You sigh softly and whisper, "Madeleine, please, yaar..."

       I feel a little bit guilty for all that as I soon realise what condition you are in so I lean my mouth upwards to your forehead, giving you a little kiss there as I hold your face. "Relax, my love, I'm sorry," I say lovingly while stroking your soft locks of translucent grey hair.

       You smile at the forehead kiss and place another softer one on my cheek. "Okay, jaanu, I forgive you. I mean, it's not like you did anything wrong, anyways. Also, you only act like this around me, right?"

       I nod in response before I decide to continue with my narration when I pull away.

******************

You were born here in this city of Kolkata to a rich and well-to-do North Indian family called the Tagores, as I was saying previously. Your father was Bengali (though, he mostly spoke only Hindi and English, not much of Bengali for that matter... but he also really did speak that language at times and was really fluent at it, too) and your mother was from Goa, so she was not exactly 'North' Indian, and she also bore some distant Mexican roots as well alongside that.

      The one thing that most people remembered of you happened to be those silver eyes which you possessed throughout your lifetime.

      Hence, you eventually received the famous nickname that was Silver.

      And as far as I had been told, those eyes lead to a slight confusion between your family members – who all had deep brown eyes – considering none of them had essentially known the eye colours of all their ancestors too well and even the basics of dominant and recessive alleles in biology.

      It did not turn into a heated conflict, though, that I must say.

      However, they did carry out a DNA test to entirely confirm that you were their child after some time, so do not worry. Nonetheless, this was not because there was a lack of trust amongst your family members, but rather because they were simply curious to know why your eyes were of that rare and unusual colour.