14. Arrived in Italy

When I woke up, I was feeling a bit better and we finally arrived in Italy. As soon as the plane landed, Nicolas, Victor and John disappeared outside. Stephen helped me to get into one of a black Rolls-Royce phantom that was parked in front of the plane with three other vehicles, a yellow Lamborghini Aventador, a red Ferrari F8 and a black R15 bike.

My mouth was hung open, thinking about how rich these criminals were. I was so engrossed in my own thoughts that I hadn't noticed Nicolas was already inside the car and still tapping on his phone. He didn't throw a glance at me like I never existed and that relaxed me a bit. Stephen moved to the Lamborghini leaving me alone with Nicolas.

The bulky looking driver asked something in Italian to Nicolas before starting the car.

I saw Victor passing our car with his R15 and then John sped up and drove past our car with his red Ferrari before winking at me. I just rolled my eyes at him.

Cold late October breezes hitting my face and ripping inside my nostrils as I opened the glass window of the car. The night sky was clear with a full moon and twinkling stars. The busy city was illuminating with astonishing colorful lights that automatically formed a smile on my face.

I always loved the night sky and colorful lights. I was never in Italy or any foreign country. But I traveled a lot inside my country with my family. I always wanted to travel throughout the world with my family and best friends when I would get a good job after my graduation from a good university.

But my dreams would always remain a dream for sure because this man who was sitting beside me, destroyed my future, my dreams; my whole life. When I thought about it, the corner of my eyes became wet. I looked at the fascinating city full of different kinds of people walking, standing, talking and loitering.

"Close the window unless you want to catch a cold." I heard Nicolas's deep voice.

I secretly wiped my eyes and closed the window.

"Are you crying again?"

No asshole, I was laughing.

"No. It's just the lights and cold wind." I murmured.

He just hummed and pulled out his phone from his pants pocket as it started buzzing. He received the call and started talking in Italian so I didn't understand anything.

Half an hour passed and the car stopped in front of a big modern black and white painted mansion that was illuminating inside the dense woods, somewhere far from the locality. The whole area was fascinatingly calm and beautiful.

In front of the mansion there was a large pool, not a swimming pool; it was perfectly decorated with different kinds of lilies, lotus, alpine lotus, water poppy, water forget-me-not, water iris, mash marigold, duckweed, cardinal flower, calla lily and so on.

God this was so perfect!

It was unbelievable to me that I was standing in front of a dreamingly luxurious house which I never expected in my entire life. This kind of mansion belongs to some kind of billionaire, not some criminals. I always believed that criminals live in some narrow apartments of some narrow streets. But they proved me wrong.

"You can take a picture if you want." Nicolas smirked.

"I thought you'd never allow me to use a phone." I rolled my eyes.

"But you're always invited to use my phone to take a picture, sweetheart." A strong male voice spoke from behind.

I turned around and met a blonde, grey eyed and smirking muscular, handsome-looking tattooed man in a grey shirt.