ii.| 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭

'✦ˑ ִֶ 𓂃⊹  THE FALL  ⋆⁺₊✧
by|Lovejoy

OLIVIA AVERTED HER GAZE, not wanting to hold eye contact with Ashlyn for longer than needed

OLIVIA AVERTED HER GAZE, not wanting to hold eye contact with Ashlyn for longer than needed. Besides, it was already awkward, she didn't need to make it more so by staring. Ashlyn also tore her gaze away, another layer of unease washing over her aside from the odd interactions she's had this morning as she made her way to the desk with her name etched onto the label.

Olivia's eyes flickered to another moving figure who had also entered the classroom. A boy with short pale brunette hair and glasses that framed his blue eyes that stood out against his pale skin. He wore a blue sweater and he seemed to be visibly nervous, panicked even, as he checked each desk for his name. Olivia watched as the boy sat down, fidgeting in his seat. She eventually looked away, picking at her fingernails that were painted in black nail polish to take her mind off of... well, everything.

Ashlyn Banner was in her history class.

"We wouldn't be late if you had helped instead of recording!"

Olivia perked up at the sound of the familiar voice muffled from the other side of the classroom door. Other students seemed to also turn their attention to the door out of curiosity as it burst open.

"Sorry we're late!" "Please don't mark us tardy!"

Two students stood in the door way and Olivia immediately recognized who they were. Taylor and Tyler Hernández. They were twins and that was obvious not just through their matching brunette hair and tan skin and chocolate brown eyes. But also through the fact that they always wore matching outfits. And it appeared that they decided to wear matching 'rock' and 'roll' shirts today.

The twins looked around, relief washing over them and they immediately slumped against the doorframe of the classroom.

"They aren't here yet." Tyler stated.

Taylor sighed in relief. "We still have a chance!"

"A chance?" A voice asked from behind the twins, startling them. "Are two of my students already late on the first day of school?"

Olivia couldn't really see the man's face from where he stood near the doorway behind the twins. But, it was easy to assume that he was Mr. Walter by his words. And although his face wasn't exactly visible, she could see that Mr. Walter had glasses framing his face and sandy blonde hair.

Noticing the almost horrified looks on the twins' faces, Mr. Walter raised his hands innocently followed by a light laugh. "Haha! Just kidding! A class rule is if we're both late and you get here before me, you're safe." His eyes trailed down to the floor and his gaze landed on Tyler's feet, "Uh– where's your shoe?" He questioned, his words directed at the fact that Tyler was literally missing one of his shoes.

Tyler only averted his gaze, his eyes landing on Olivia for a brief moment. It was hard to tell if he was disappointed or happy to see her by the way his face pinched into an unreadable expression. Taylor seemed to notice where her brother was looking as her gaze also landed on Olivia and she beamed, waving at the other girl excitedly. Olivia returned the gesture with a small wave of her own.