Chapter 3- INSANE

(Alaina's POV)

Were on the way home now. Ava and I forced the boys to listen to Tate Mcrae.

We started scream singing

"The way you touch me, straight to the heart yeah it cuts me. Cause I know deep down that its never gon ever be us" (Run for the Hills - Tate Mcrae)

While we were singing that I kept seeing Blake staring at me. I just brushed it off as he's probably still processing the fact were friends again.

I mean I don't blame him. Im surprised too. I'm not gonna mention the fact I still have feelings for him. I'll talk to him soon but trust still needs to be earned.

We walk in and I overhear Blake and Marcus' conversation again.

Blake-"theres this girl I really like but I don't know how to tell her"

Marcus-"Buy her flowers when asking her out, play it cool, don't make a big scene, and be confident, girls love a man with confidence"

Blake- "Ok thanks man I'll talk to her tomorrow"

Marcus-"So do I not get to know what her name is"

Blake-"Its Sabrina Pearl"

Marcus- "WOAH man shes HOTT! Ive hooked up with her like 6 times. (Shes really good in bed)"

I did not wanna hear about how someone is in bed from my brother but my fault for eavesdropping. I tuned back into their conversation.

Blake-"Ive heard dude"

Once again my heart is broken. Fuck it instead of running this time. Im confessing. I know he doesn't feel the same but I don't care he should know so at least this time I don't have to hate him.

Unless he laughs in my face or something but I doubt he'll do that. Wait would he? Shut up brain.

I call out "Blake can we talk outside... in private?" He looked scared when I said that but agreed to talk.

When we got outside he spoke up "you look sad are you ok lai-lai" lai-lai (pronounced Lay Lay) the nickname he gave me when we were little. I missed hearing that name. Thats not why we're here right now Alaina.

" I need to say something and I know that its one sided but I just need to get it off my chest" he looked worried

"You can tell me anything, Lai-Lai" he looks nervous

"Ok, I like you and have since we were little. Thats actually why I had stopped talking to you was because I overheard a conversation between you and Marcus, when you thought I was asleep, talking about how you really like a girl. My heart shattered and I decided that day I would never let that happen again. Thats why I stopped talking to you. No matter what my feelings were still there. I tried and tried convincing myself I hated you but I just couldn't. I know you like Sabrina Pearl but I just wanted to say this."

His eyes were wide in shock and jaw dropped. Then he bursted out laughing.

"YOU ACTUALLY THINK I COULD LIKE SOMEONE LIKE YOU?!? BAHAHAHAHAHAH" the tears started forming.

Trying to keep my voice from shaking "right, I'm sorry. Tell Marcus I'll be home in a few hours. Im going to clear my head"

He said ok then I heard him mutter something along the lines of weirdo.

I turned on your heels and started jogging away from my house. I was full blown sobbing at this point I put in your headphones and started playing Dying on the Inside by Nessa Barrett.

After running for about thirty minute I found myself in the middle of nowhere. I started thinking about the events that happened. I confessed my feelings and he actually just laughed in my face and said no one could ever like me. Even after all that proceeded to call me a weirdo.

Im so stupid I knew he would laugh in my face too but I still did it. Now I know I hate him...for real this time.

I found myself lost now. I tried calling Ava but she didn't answer. I tried Marcus 4 times but he didn't answer. I tried Ava one more time but again no answer. So I went to my last resort...Blake.

Of course he answered "What do you want"

Im still crying but not as bad between sobs I said "Please come pick me up. I tried Marcus and Ava but neither of them answered and you were my last resort. Im sorry and I know you hate me but I don't know how to get home or where I am."

He sighs saying he's annoyed "fine send me your location"

"Ok"

About 20 minutes later Blake's car pulled up. "Get in"

I rolled my eyes and got in the passenger seat before turning to the window and just staring out it.

Blake cleared his throat as if he was about to talk. Then before I turned to look at him, I noticed the car pulling over.

"Why are you crying Princess" he looks over smirking

"Stop acting like you care, you laughed in my face when I poured my heart out to you, so shut the fuck up and take me the fuck home!" The tears went away now all thats left is anger.

"If you're crying over me, Im not worth the tears princess" he said pulling back on the road.

When we got back to my house I went to my room and decided Im gonna show him what he's missing. I dyed my hair from blonde to brunette with highlights in it. I got contacts so no more glasses. Then I changed my whole style to be a little more slutty and darkish rather than basic and cute.

We'll see what he thinks at school tomorrow.