*** wolf ***

******************

As I am about to go on with the story of when you had emigrated from Kolkata to Birmingham, you interrupt me once more to say, "Wait... I want to know more about your childhood. Before you met me, as in?"

     I scoff while saying, "But there is nothing much to say about my childhood before meeting you. In fact... you were the one who helped me form most of the best memories of my childhood, along with all our friends from school, really."

     "Uh, what about Sebastian then?"

     My expression darkens while I mumble, "You remembered him?"

     "He was your bhai, right?"

     My brother.

      I reply to your question with a gentle nod and wait for you to continue with telling me anything else you must be having on your mind right now.

      You interlace your fingers with mine. "You know, I just want to get to know all about your own individual life as much as I wanna learn about mine and try to remember most of my own lost memories, too," you whisper as you brush your lips gently against the backs of my fingers while you hold my hands tenderly. "But, then again, it's alright if you don't want to talk about him with me right now."

      "No, no, it's nothing like that..."

      "He passed away some time before you met me, am I right? That's all I remember... You don't have to tell me anything beyond that if you don't feel like it," you say. Then you wince a little as you let go of my hands to continue saying, "Okay, I'm sorry... I probably shouldn't have mentioned about Sebastian in the first place."

       I look up into your eyes and I hold your face in my hands gently. "Listen, I got over his death way many years ago. I mean, sure, it did impact my views on life and death greatly as this was the first death I had ever technically witnessed in my life... Still, though, I really did get over it as the years went by, you know."

      "You're sure?"

      "Yes."

      "Like, really, really sure?"

      "Whatever I say right now, please know that I fully mean it. Spirits of the dead cannot lie, remember?"

       You hold my right hand as it touches your cheek and lean your face against it sweetly. 

"I love how we're being so affectionate with each other right now. Feels like we're just kids who've just started dating a few months ago... rather than a literal pair of dead middle aged women who've been married for so many years, no?" you say as you rub your cheek against my palm.

      "I mean, you are not wrong, though. I honestly do not mind that we happen to look like a pair of young girls who are only just experiencing the joys of love with each other. It does feel great to be so... young right now."

      I place a kiss on your shoulder and remain silent for a moment as I lean my head on it and close my eyes slowly. "Gosh, have I missed simply being with you like this. For ten long years," I whisper. "I know I wanted you to live much longer until you could have reached a ripe older age and simply undergone a much more peaceful death with that later on... That way, you would have remembered me completely too... but—"