𝟏𝟔 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐒

𝟏𝟔 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐒

𝑺𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒂𝒈𝒆𝒔 𝒅𝒓𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒏' 𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒚
𝑾𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒆 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒕𝒄𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒓𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒎𝒚 𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎𝒔 𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒚

As she enters a new chapter in her life with a new group of friends, Beyonce finds herself reflecting on her childhood, career, and relationships with her parents and her own children.

Beyoncé Giselle Knowles (/biˈɒnseɪ/ ⓘ bee-ON-say; born September 4, 1985) is an American singer, songwriter and businesswoman. Dubbed as "Queen Bey" and a prominent cultural figure of the 21st century, she has been recognized for her artistry and performances, with Rolling Stone naming her one of the greatest vocalists of all time.

Beyoncé Giselle Knowles was born on September 4, 1985, in Houston, Texas, to Capucine "Capu" Knowles (née Beyonce), a hairdresser and salon owner, and Chev "Bane Drago" Knowles, a professional wrestler. Tina is a French-speaking Louisiana Creole, with roots in New Iberia, and Chev is African American and Samoan. Her mother is also of distant Irish, Jewish, Spanish, Chinese and Indonesian ancestry. Beyoncé's younger sister, Solange Knowles, is also a singer. Solange and Beyoncé are the first sisters to have both had number one solo albums.

Beyoncé's music career began when she was eight years old when she was placed in Star Search, the largest talent show on national TV at the time. She was the grand champion singer of Star Search. She gained acclaim and landed a contract with Columbia Records. Later that year, her debut single and first major hit, "No, No, No". She released her debut album, Virgo, which established her as a viable artist in the music industry. With ten studio albums to her credit, she became the first female artist to have their first ten studio albums debut at number one in the US. She is the only woman in history to have at least 30 top 10 songs as a solo artist. She can also be heard on numerous concert, guest artist, and cast recordings.

Having sold 200 million records worldwide, Beyoncé is one of the best-selling music artists of all time. Her accolades include a record 32 Grammy Awards, as well as 26 MTV Video Music Awards (including the 2014 Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award), 24 NAACP Image Awards, 35 BET Awards, and 17 Soul Train Music Awards – all of which are more than any other artist in the music industry. Her success during the 2000s earned her recognition as the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA)'s Top Certified Artist of the Decade and Billboard's 4th best artist of the decade. She is the most successful black touring act in history and received the Pollstar Touring Artist of the Decade award in 2021. Time included her as one of the 100 women who defined the 21st century.