17

🌻 AVALINE 🌻

I can't believe King is Ed and Ed is King. My teddy bear of a brother was my arrogant boss. Was it all truth or some sick dream? I don't know how to process all these emotions. I genuinely hate my parents, life would have been so different if Ed had always been with me. Only if they wouldn't have been that selfish.

When Ed told me about our step-family, I won't lie I was upset. How easy it was for my so-called dad to replace us. And again I won't lie, it felt satisfying when he told me that Knight company is not doing well. Come on don't judge me, I am no saint.

However, my stupid brother is a darling. I always wondered why everyone complained when our boss was so generous. Now I know I was the one given special treatment.

I was disappointed that he kept his identity a secret from me but I couldn't get angry at him, not when I met him after 13 years. The good thing is that he hasn't changed much, though he has grown taller like a giraffe but still, he is a caring, supporting, annoying elder brother. He is more father to me than my father ever was.

I was having such a good introspective monologue when a bright light shone on my face. I wriggled but wasn't able to turn sides. It was like an elephant was sleeping on me.

Having no other option, I opened my eyes. That elephant was my brother. I met him yesterday only and my vocabulary got more colorful. Something that siblings do to us.

Wait! Wait! Wait!

Freaking SHIT!!

The sun is up in the sky and we are still in bed. I rigorously shook the hippo lying half over me.

"Wake up you giant man," I shouted in his ear

"Ava go back to sleep, this was the best sleep I had in ages." He murmured and covered his face with a pillow.

"Ed we have office today," I said seriously.

"I am the boss."

"I am not, so I am going." I tried getting up. Keyword: Tried.

"Ava you are my assistant, what will you do if I won't come." He said turning towards me smirking but his eyes weren't open yet. This man, I tell you.
This stupid, stubborn, silly man. Only one thing and get him out of bed now.

"Ed I am hungry and I am craving for the chocolate pancakes that you made for me," I said in a sad, adorable voice.

"You just freshen up, I'll get your breakfast ready in ten minutes." Saying this he ran from the room after pecking my forehead. No one can tell that this same guy was sleeping and acting lazy a minute ago.

I think we will have a half day today because we are already late and I don't even have a change of clothes here. I brushed and washed my face and headed downstairs.

Ed was already halfway done making breakfast for us. I told him that I'd chop the fruits and set the table but this man never listened to me. He made me sit on the counter and did everything himself. Then he also gave me a piggyback ride to the dining room.

Let me tell you a secret, he makes the best pancakes and especially the chocolate ones are out of this world. While I was done eating, my face was painted with chocolate sauce and Nutella. His was no different, we laughed at each other and clicked lots of pictures together.

 His was no different, we laughed at each other and clicked lots of pictures together

(Just imagine them little older.)

"Ed drop me to my place, I'll clean up and join you in the office," I said to him after washing my face.

"Oh I forgot to tell you, your boss called. He said that he wanted to spend some time with his sister so no office for two days." He said with a smirk.

"Ohh so my boss said that to you." He nodded like an innocent five-year-old kid, which he surely is not.

"Mr Edmund King, don't you think you are ignoring work way too much."

"Nothing comes before you angel. Anyways I want to spend some time with you, it's been so long."

"Fine, I'll agree if you let me quit from Kings Group."

"Why the hell would I let you do that." He said in disbelief.

"Because nepotism is not something you and I should encourage."

"But I didn't do any favour to you, you deserve it and so much more."

"If you think so, then don't you think I would get such a position in any other company with my talent."

"I am sure you will."

"Then do this for me, please. I know this arrogant King turns into a softy for me. But I want to test myself and my knowledge and I also know that Ed can never see his Ava in stress. I want to be independent and accountable for my actions like you were when you started King's Group. With no support and all on your own. So do we have a deal?"

"Only if you promise that in those two days, you will do whatever I say."

"Promise," I said confidently, though his smirk told me I shouldn't have done that without stating T&C.

"Come princess, we are moving your stuff to my place."

"WHAT THE HELL. Which part about me getting independent didn't you get, Ed." I shouted.

"I am not putting you in a cage Ava, You will have your keys, you may come and go as you like with Mark though. And it's non-negotiable, I am letting my angel live in that shit hole."

"That shit hole was my house, Ed." I got defensive.

"No, that was just a place you were staying at. Princess lives in the Palace, period.

Let's get moving or do you want to keep arguing for all those 13 years that we have missed?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

"Shut up" I said and went outside to the car, he followed behind. Not that I checked.

We went to my place. I didn't have much stuff so we were done packing in just 3 hours. He and Mark kept all my stuff in the trunk and we went to a restaurant for lunch.

I couldn't stay angry with him for long, so I stopped showing him my attitude and got back to normal when he held his ears and said sorry, looking like an innocent puppy.

Can you even list the animals I have called him in just a half day?

🌿🌸Author's Time🌸🌿

QOTD: Your favourite animal.

Mine is a dog 🐶