22

Respond to the author's note towards the end of the chapter, it's important. Your replies will decide how this story progresses....

🍁 EDMUND 🍁

It's been two days since the Clark stunt, the situation with the media is better now, and Ava is back in the office.

Her interview went well as she told me, and now she is waiting to hear from the company. After a lot was persuasion, she still hadn't told me the name of the company but did share the position she applied for, the executive's assistant. I am proud of my angel and I am sure she will make it.

My phone rang and it was Neil calling. We haven't talked much lately, I haven't even told him about Ava. I guess we should plan to meet soon.

"Hey brother," I greeted him on call.

"Hey King, I was recruiting an assistant for me when I came across this resume of a girl named, Avaline Raine Knight. I guess she matches the girl you have been looking for." He said.

"So she applied to your company. She is Ava, my sister. I found her like a month ago."

"Then why did she apply to my company instead of yours?" He questioned.

"She thinks I favour her here, which she is not wrong. And she wants to be an independent woman. So long story short, she didn't even tell me where she was applying for."

"So you don't have a problem if I hire her?" I am actually happy, I trust Neil.

"No, but do it only if deserves it, no favour and all."

"Chill man, she already made it to the last round of the interview process. The last step was a background check, so rest assured, she is joining me from Monday."

"Umm Neil, I am not asking you to be lenient or anything, just she is my sister, so as a brother I want to say that take care of my sister."

"Don't worry Edmund, your sister is in safe hands." He said and I know I can count on him.

"Last thing, like others, she also thinks that we are some enemies and competitors so remember we didn't have this conversation." I said because I don't want Ava to murder me.

"Understood. Let's catch up this weekend pal, it's been long."

" You know the place and time. See you." I hung up. Now I know why my dear sister was so reluctant to reveal her identity. Though I am proud of her and also upset, now that I know it's her last week working with me.

Ava and I were peacefully having lunch in my office when my office door was banged open.
Who the hell dared to barge in?

"Mr Knight, who allowed you in my building."

"I have my ways." He said with a stupid smirk.

Shoot, I didn't want to let him know about Ava. Though he hadn't noticed Ava yet this vicious man, father or not, I can't trust him with my sister.

"She is the bitch, who ruined my family's name?"
He said and came in front of Ava and was about to slap her. Thankfully I was faster. I held his hand and punched him in the face. Daddy dearest had it a long time coming.

"Ed." Ava shrieked.

"Ava go to your cabin, I'll deal with him," I told her. Mr Knight was back on his feet and soon connected the dots.

"Wait. You are Ava as in Avaline Knight. Daughter of my ex-wife. How could I miss those rare eyes, you share with your brother? Come, Ava, won't you greet your father?"

"You just said I am the daughter of your ex-wife, let's keep it to that, Mr Knight." She said on a cold voice.

"You both brother and sister are both ungrateful brats. Anyways, since you are back, don't expect me to give you the rights to the property and all. Though come to my house and meet my family. You might learn a few things from them, they are not outspoken and ill-mannered like both of you." He said in rebuking tone.

"Mr Knight, keep your precious family and wealth with you, I not interested in either." I told as politely as I could manage.

"Come for dinner tonight you both, I don't want world to say that I didn't acknowledge my estranged daughter."

"Don't worry Mr Knight we will be there, not for you or your superficial world that you think revolves around you, but because I need some stuff from my room." She told him

I didn't wanted Ava to ever get involved with that fake, mean and plastic family. But now that she has said yes to Mr Knight, I'll have to honor her words. Few days ago I told Ava that how I kept her room untouched, guess she wants to visit it. But I am hesitant because I know nothing good comes out of any meeting with that man or his family. Let's see how tonight unholds.

"Ava, princesss are you sure you want to go there tonight?" I asked her once Mr Knight left my office.

"Ed I don't want to go there, but I want to visit my room once. All these years back, I couldn't even say a proper goodbye to that place, mom took me while I was sleeping. I need this closure Ed. There are lot of memories of us in the four walls, I just want to live the glimpse my childhood for the last time. It won't be easy but with you by my side, I can face anything." She said while tears clouded her eyes. I tightly hugged her and kissed her forehead.

🌿🌸Author's Time🌸🌿

I have a question do you guys want me to end this story or continue with the story but the plot will change from Ava-Ed to Ava-Neil.
Please reply.

QOTD: one superpower that you wish to have?

I want the power to teleport.