𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

Mousetail sat at the edge of the camp, wistfully daydreaming about going on patrol soon, when her kits were born

Mousetail sat at the edge of the camp, wistfully daydreaming about going on patrol soon, when her kits were born. But she knew that it would take a long while of waiting to finally be a warrior again. She longed to feel the wind through her fur and the sunshine warming her pelt as she raced through the plains. But for now, she had to stay put in camp. It was torture. For Mousetail, at least.

"Hello, there, Mousetail." It was Whitefoot, coming for his daily check-in. He had a vole in his jaws. He carried it over and dropped it in front of her paws. "I brought a vole for us to share. I know it's your favorite. How are you doing?"

"Hey, Whitefoot. I'm doing fine. And thanks. How about you?" She took a hungry bite of the vole.

"I'm doing okay. Just worried about the Gathering last night. I can't believe MoonClan would target ThunderClan and RiverClan, too. It just seems unfair, don't you think?"

"Yeah. Wait-what happened to RiverClan?" Mousetail asked.

"Moonclaw was captured, too. It sounds like MoonClan captured her for the same reason as they did Dovesong."

"Why would they capture Moonclaw? I wouldn't think she's of any use to them, especially considering she left them seasons ago," Mousetail mewed, confusion filling her voice.

"Well, I'm not sure why they would capture her, either. But Mapleleaf said that Dovesong came to her once with concerns about Moonclaw. So Dovesong knows something we don't." Whitefoot's midnight blue eyes flickered with unease.

"Too bad we can't get to her," Mousetail mumbled. "Someone needs to go and get them back! MoonClan is winning, and we can't let them."

"I know. Spottedsong tried yesterday, and she's in the medicine den with a head injury. So it's obviously dangerous to just run into their camp. We need a plan, but with everything going on, it's hard to make a good enough plan," Whitefoot explained.

"Why can't any of you just try?" Mousetail asked angrily and desperately, causing Whitefoot's eyes to widen. "It's our medicine cat-my sister-we're talking about! Why don't we do something?"

"Mousetail."

"Please just do something! I would do something, but I can't, which means the Clan has to take matters into their own paws."

"Mousetail, listen to me."

Mousetail barely heard him. "Dovesong could be hurt! And we're doing nothing about it! The Clans are in danger! And, again, we're doing nothing about it!"

"Mousetail, listen," Whitefoot mewed urgently. Mousetail looked up at him. "I know you're upset. Most of us are. But MoonClan is just too dangerous. We could die out there."

Mousetail shot him a glare. "I would fight for Dovesong, even if it's the last thing I do! You just don't know what it's like to have a littermate, so you would never understand."