𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

"What is it?" Reedtail asked, feeling suddenly nervous

"What is it?" Reedtail asked, feeling suddenly nervous. It was odd how a ThunderClan warrior, especially Goldenheart, came all the way from her Clan just to talk to him. He was convinced that something was wrong. He could tell because of the urgent flash in Goldenheart's eyes.

"I know this sounds crazy," Goldenheart began, "but we need your help getting Dovesong and Moonclaw back. MoonClan has an advantage if they have them, and right now the Clans are in danger."

"You want me to save Dovesong and Moonclaw from MoonClan? You're crazy!" Reedtail exclaimed.

"I told you it would sound crazy. But Mousetail from FrostClan is requesting me to get you, Amberdawn, Silverfoot, and Gingerstripe to come to the Gathering island in two moonhighs. She is gathering other cats, too. From all the Clans," Goldenheart explained.

"Do any of you understand that by doing this, we might die?" Reedtail asked suspiciously. He knew that many cats have been influenced by MoonClan, like Blackstream and maybe even Ripplestorm, and Goldenherat might be one of them. But he also knew that he might be traumatized by Ripplestorm's murder. "Are you a part of MoonClan's plots, too?"

Goldenheart let out a mrrow of laughter. "No! What makes you think that?"

For a moment Reedtail thought it was a rhetorical question, but then he realized that she was being genuine. "M-my father was murdered by my mother, Blackstream, but I heard their whole conversation before he died. They were talking about MoonClan. And I know about the murders in ThunderClan, so I just assumed . . ."

Goldenheart's gaze softened. "I'm not a part of MoonClan," she promised him. "I'm sorry if I scared you."

"Don't worry about it." Reedtail flicked his tail dismissively. "I can get Silverfoot, Amberdawn, and Gingerstripe. But there's some complications . . ."

"What kinds?" Goldenheart cocked her head curiously.

"Well, Blackstream convinced my Clanmates that I was the murderer of Ripplestorm, so I'm kind of banished from ShadowClan," Reedtail explained.

"Oh. Well, I can talk to them myself," Goldenheart mewed. "Just take me to your camp."

"I don't know if that's going to work."

"Sure it will! I'm confident. Just lead me to the camp. Please," Goldenheart pleaded.

Reedtail hesitated. "No. This is something I have to do myself."

Goldenheart gazed at Reedtail, uncertainty shining in her eyes. "Okay. If you say so. Should I go back?"

"Tell me the message again."

"Tell them to meet Mousetail at the Gathering island in two moonhighs. We'll all be there," Goldenheart explained.

"Okay. Thank you." Reedtail dipped his head and Goldenheart turned and left. He watched her go until she vanished from sight to make sure that she was gone, and then turned toward the camp.