5

I was completely taken aback, scared, and most importantly, utterly

Confused. As the car's gate swung open, my unseen hero, my savior, emerged from his black shiny Ford Mustang, a dark horse in the storm.

He was getting drenched in the heavy rain, the gusts of wind sending chills through my entire body. He walked towards where my flowers had fallen, picking them up. My mouth opened for a second as I tried to process what he was doing.

He had come out of his car in this heavy rain just to retrieve my fallen flowers. No, no, Eshana, you must be imagining things. This can't be real.

He gathered all my flowers and began walking towards me. I felt a mix of fear and shame overwhelming me. Oh God, why is he coming towards me? As he approached closer and took long strides towards me.

Every fiber of my being tingled with a blend of apprehension and distress. In just a second, he stood in front of me, his presence towering and commanding.

Our close proximity made me even shyer, more chagrin, and scared. I could feel the heat radiating off his body. contrasting sharply with the cool rain around us.

I lowered my head, unable to meet his gaze, and stuttered, "I-I-I'm sorry, so sorry. I didn't mean to...it was just..." My voice trailed off, lost in the sound of the rain and the pounding of my heart.

I was at a loss for words, my brain going blank as I tried to compose myself. He took one more step closer, and instinctively, I took two steps back. He didn't stop until he closed the distance between us, and I felt the hard wall behind me. As I stood there, pressed against the wall, his hand gently resting beside me, the air around us crackled with tension.

With my back against the cool surface, I sensed the heat of his hand seeping into the wall. Every breath felt heavy, the space between us filled with unspoken words and untold desires.

I could feel his gaze boring into me, his presence almost tangible, bridging the gap between us. Even amidst the rain and cold, his gentleness enveloped me, penetrating my skin.

I dared not to raise my head, my gaze fixed on the ground, aware of his close proximity. His silence was deafening, the only sound was the patter of raindrops around us. Yet, he remained, holding my flowers as if they were the most precious things in the world. The intensity of his gaze made my heart race.

Summoning all my courage, I lifted my eyes to meet his. In that moment, it felt like he could see right through me, unraveling every secret I held. I quickly looked away, all exposed and vulnerable. With a trembling hand, I reached out to take back my flowers, the simple act tinged with unspoken tension.

I gulped, biting my lower lip in tension, a tension that he created by coming so close to me. As he handed me the flowers, I began to run.

I literally ran away from him even though each step I took sent sharp jolts of pain through my body.

Then, I heard his voice, "Miss beautiful, you should pay attention to your surroundings while crossing roads. What if I hadn't been able to stop in time? I could have ended up in jail because of your careless behavior, ma'am."

My heart felt like it was going to burst out of my chest. Just as he finished his sentence, I stumbled and fell. What on earth is happening to me? Due to my sprained ankle, I couldn't run properly. I felt incredibly foolish and awkward. I sat there, overwhelmed by a mix of emotions.

I couldn't believe how everything was going wrong. My knee was throbbing with pain, and my ankle was aching. The simplest task of running had become an impossible feat.

Humiliation and self consciousness consumed me as I stumbled, like a complete failure. I felt so foolish, like a complete idiot. It seemed like nothing good could ever happen to me.

Even my solo date had turned out to be a disaster. Tears welled up in my eyes, blurring my vision. How could I face him, the one who had witnessed my clumsy display?

And then, out of the blue, a hand reached out to me. I saw someone extend his hand towards me. I wanted to push it away, not wanting to burden anyone with my weaknesses and try to get up on my own, but as I tried to stand, I stumbled again. My own body betrayed me once again.

Frustration and helplessness clouded my mind as the hand grabbed onto my arm and helped me back on my feet. It was him, the person who had picked up my fallen flowers. I felt an indescribable mix of gratitude and vulnerability. The gentleness of his touch radiated through my body, comforting and reassuring me that I wasn't alone.

I looked into his eyes. At that moment, I couldn't control my emotions any longer. A lone tear broke free, tracing its way down my cheek, a silent testament to my overwhelming sadness and despair.

It was as if all the pent-up frustrations and disappointments of the day were pouring out through that one tear. It held a world of emotions: pain, exhaustion, and overwhelming sadness.

In that simple gesture of reaching out and offering his assistance, he had unknowingly touched the depths of my wounded soul.

The physical pain in my knee and ankle paled in comparison to the ache I felt in my heart. I wanted to thank him, to express the gratitude that was swelling within me, but the heaviness of my sorrow rendered me speechless.

Instead, I mustered a weak smile, hoping that my eyes conveyed the depth of emotion that my words faltered to express. In that moment, he became more than just a stranger. He became my savior, my unexpected source of strength.

And as we stood there, hand in hand, I knew deep within my soul that this encounter would forever alter the course of my life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey lovies , my bookworms! 📖 Are you ready to dive into a world of reveries and imagination? 🌟 I'm thrilled to invite you to join me on an enchanting journey through the pages of my literary universe!

Follow me on Instagram at @reveriesverse for exclusive behind-the-scenes peeks into my creative process, tantalizing teasers of upcoming projects, and so much more! 🎨✍️ .

Let's embark on this adventure together, where every page is a portal to endless possibilities! 🚀 Don't miss out on the magic-hit that follow button and let's make some literary dreams come true! 💫📚 #ReveriesVerse